jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Requests closed again by the anti-request bot... ... ...

1. ProCW profile image82
    ProCWposted 9 years ago

I've had a few requests closed for me, yet again. I'm getting kind of discouraged with making requests. I thought requests are there for people to answer. How can they answer them if that anti-request bot automatically closes them? Just wondering.

ProCW

2. Maddie Ruud profile image80
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

I'll say again:

Requests that look to prompt hubs that won't be in compliance with our terms (whether short yes/no answers, personal content, or overly promotional content) will be removed as soon as they're brought to our attention.

Requests ARE there to be answered... with good quality, evergreen content.  We try to point you in the right direction as far as making requests that will yield such content, both on the request page itself, and in the FAQ.

1. ProCW profile image82
      ProCWposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can I re-do a request to make it evergreen? (Kinda thought that would be the job of the writer though.) Instead of "What do you use salt in/on?" would it be alright to request "What are the destructive effects of using too much salt in foods?" Would that be alright?

ProCW

1. Maddie Ruud profile image80
        Maddie Ruudposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're always welcome to rephrase and resubmit a new request, if your old one is removed.  An open-ended question such as the second one is highly preferable to the first, which would prompt a list, rather than an informative article.

3. crashcromwell profile image75
    crashcromwellposted 9 years ago

I have a question for Professor Ruud. Perhaps you can explain to me what benefit there is to posting requests? Is it purely because people have curiosity about a particular subject? When I come up with an idea that I'm curious about, I research it and write about it, but maybe that's just me?

working