How to get organic traffic in higher competitive niches

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 13 years ago

Whats the best way to get google traffic from niches like losing weight, fitness, and stuff about ebay and etc...I can easily get traffic with some niches, but others seem to be more difficult to get google traffic from. I am only getting traffic from hubpages from certain niches.

I send about 5-10 back links and try and use relevant tags and such. I know topics like losing weight are highly competitive I would assume, but they are popular which is good for traffic IF you can get it.

Anyone got any incite on getting google traffic or general organic traffic outside of hubpages on more difficult Niches?

Thanks....

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All you have to do to get traffic in competitive niches is beat the competition.  The problem is the competition can be hella strong in the areas you are talking about.

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can ask the bigger sites for links.  I have a hub about how to do that with some chance of success, (written from the perspective of someone who gets such requests from others)  but the takeaway is that you need something worth linking to and you need to show the bigger site exactly why giving you that link would strengthen their article.

3. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say learn how to assess your competition so that you know off the bat if a keyphrase is worth pursuing or not. Some keywords are just not worth bothering with because the competition is too steep and the amount of work required to beat them would cost a great deal in terms of time/money (like years and thousands of dollars!).

The trick is to find keyphrases in the niche you're interested in that don't have overwhelming competition (usually long tail). As frog says, there are usually little nooks that haven't been found. It's a case of ferreting around and finding them smile

Another tip is to keep up to date with the latest products/advice in your niche and try to get your hubs on these new things published as soon as you can ie: before everyone else!

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah the gaming niche seems very easy to get organic traffic in, but the PPC are bad. I honestly don't know why they would be low. Not saying they should be super high, but gaming is popular.

As for fitness and health, I wrote some muscle building exercises and they get traffic, but its not huge, but consistent. As for things like weight loss, it seems like a harder specific niche(to get traffic) then just basic muscle building.

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Beyond backlinking, and then backlinking some more, I reckon the best way is to figure out a niche within a niche, prior to writing a hub. There are always cracks in the armor, there's always a little nook that hasn't been explored.

As a rule, I avoid bothering with the big guns. It's enough just writing about something I know, have experienced or want to promote, never mind competing with incredibly difficult niches smile

I see what you guys mean about the big niches and avoiding them. Perhaps sticking to what works is better. I mainly want diversity so this is why I am trying to figure out how I can get organic traffic in harder areas.

3. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

The best way to grab some traffic from a popular niche is using long tail key words and/or a few less popular key words within that niche.

Then make several hubs about the same basic niche but about different things, and link them all. Make a big "main" hub about the niche and have all your other related hubs linking to that one.

Then do your back linking and so on. smile

Yeah I back link all my hubs(well over 90%), but need to find another site like social marker.com cause I only use so many there. Not sure if a few more backlinks would help though.

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most social bookmarking sites give no-follow links

no not social marker is a site that lets you send back links to websites quicker. There not all websites like myspace and stuff.

It tells you whether or not there do follow or no follow. I send to do follow

1. TerryGl profile image57
            TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I use software to social bookmark. I have written many hubs on the topic.

There is an untapped resource on Pligg social bookmarking websites that have a strong mix of dofollow and nofollow. There are over ten thousand pligg platform social bookmarking websites. The links get indexed quickly and the social bookmark sites are only there for people to submit links to.

Using software to build backlinks indeed does work. I am seeing great results for minimal effort. It is all white hat to by the way.

That's how you win the game. Have good content on your page and build backlinks to it. This beats your competition who go out and build backlinks for a while and then forget about it. The difference is we continue to build a large and wide variety of links.

4. Cordale profile image72
    Cordaleposted 13 years ago

Congratulations buddy! Just find the topic that most of your traffic goes to and expand on it with other hubs!

5. anna20 profile image57
    anna20posted 13 years ago

It will take you long time to rank your site on that keyword. Its better target a little bit less competitive keyword. when it starts ranking on this keyword than target the highly competitive keyword. You can read it for more info: http://seoservicesforall.blogspot.com/2 … -site.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)