jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

No longer able to change categories?

1. snakebaby profile image69
    snakebabyposted 7 years ago

I don't have much ideas about the differences between publishing a hub in a higher and lower level of categories, so I've experimented different ways in the past. Recently I tried to publish my new hubs to a higher level, just to see what would happen, sort of hoped that doing so would gain more exposure. But it seems to be the opposite, because my new hubs just don't show up therefore invisible to SE till a day or two later which was not the case in the past At All!

Then these couple of days I noticed the changing titles and categories section is no longer available to me. Does it mean we are no longer allowed to make changes to our hub's title?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

HubPages has redesigned the editing interface. There are some new tabs on the right side of the screen, check it out. As far as indexing, I assume you have been in contact with HubPages as previously suggested. The two issues are unrelated.

snakebabyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Just read through the topic regarding the new changes. I did contact the hubs team, was told no worry about it. The hubs I mentioned did show up eventually. But what I don't understand is, why all my hubs used to show up  and get indexed so much quicker, but now it's been consistently slow for all my new ones:(

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

it's just because we need to re follow each other
        ;lol:

seriously, Right side, and left and your home free

you sneaky snake

xo

lol

Already saw it, thanks Kim:D

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. I understand your frustration. You can use free ping services to alert the search engines. Other than that, wait and see. If it persists, you can post to the "Report a problem or suggest a new feature" forum. Good luck.

Didn't know ping would help, will try in a moment. Does "ping" work the same as if I manually submitted the url to SE? Just curious.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't guarantee any results. Pinging is broader and more automated:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/49096

Thanks regardless smile

3. snakebaby profile image69
    snakebabyposted 7 years ago

It's interesting that except for my very first one or two hubs that have never been indexed (which is understandable at least since the beginning is tough), almost all my hubs get indexed within 24 hours, with few that happened 2 days later. But one of my recent hubs have not been in google at all after 4 days, yet those published later (like yesterday) already got in. Why is that? anyone has had similar experience and what happened after all to your hubs?

working