jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Anybody here doing NaNoWriMo?

1. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

There might have been other posts about naNoWrimo posted which I missed.  But anyway, is anybody doing it?  If so, maybe we can get our own Hubpages NaNoWriMo support group going.  50 000 words in a month is a big ask and we need to cheer each other on!

1. LindaJM profile image74
      LindaJMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm wishing you luck at that. I did it and won nine years in a row and this year am taking a year off. I'm doing the HubChallenge instead.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I'm going to try...maybe this year will be the year I win smile

3. Denise Handlon profile image91
    Denise Handlonposted 7 years ago

cindy-first, yes I plan on doing it.
    second, yes there have been at least two other forum questions about this if you scroll through them.  smile

4. Hovalis profile image86
    Hovalisposted 7 years ago

I did it two or three years ago, and finished the novel. My problem was editing it, and I've never been able to go back and do that, because I'm really scared to look at it. At the time I had decided to take Stephen King's advice and put it away somewhere for six months before looking at it again. It's been a looong six months. wink

So, instead, for November I've decided to do my own version of Nano writing hubs on one of my other accounts. I'm calling it NanoHubMo. I figure that 50,000 words at approx 800 words a hub translates into around 62.5 hubs, or roughly 2 a day. This could be fun! smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe that could catch on smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image85
        Shadesbreathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The 30-Day Challenge on crack.  lol.

5. cindyvine profile image84

NanoHubMo sounds like a cool idea.  maybe the hub staff will take it on.  UW, just go for it, you can do it!  I've worked out a plan, written short scenes and I figure if I do 1500-2000 words a scene I can do it, get the 50 000 in a month!

6. cindyvine profile image84

Oh, and I'm cindyvine on NaNoWriMo as well, if you want to be my buddy there!

7. Shadesbreath profile image85
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

It's tough to get people committed to this sort of thing here.  I tried to get folks interested in doing a HP version of it at the beginning of summer, but nobody was interested.  One or two but not any great enthusiasm, although HP did volunteer to stickie the forum thread if I could get it fired up.  I imagine you can find folks through NaNoWriMo sites that will be more inclined to partner up.

8. cindyvine profile image84

I hear ya Shadesbreath.  The NaNoWriMo forums are great, you get excellent writing tips and support there.  I guess the difference is that people are there because they want to write.  Most of the people on HP are in it for adsense and links and stuff.  A different target audience, eh?

1. Shadesbreath profile image85
      Shadesbreathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Definitely.

9. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I was going to do the NoNoWriMo this year but instead I started a 3 parts series geared toward middle school children, sort in the vein of Goosbumps and all scened right here in the inner city of Chicago. 

I'm in the middle of part 2 right now. It's tough becuase you have to choose each word very carefully.

10. cindyvine profile image84

I think NaNoHubMo is an excellent idea, 50 000 words in 30 days all spread out across hubs.  Personally, I'll go for the novel but it's definitely a way that the write for clicks people can participate!  Hahaha Shadesbreath, they might well need crack to do that!

working