jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Adding my Amazon Affiliate Code

1. profile image55
    Eyes Wide Openposted 6 years ago

Trying to set up with amazon.
    Registered ok, but unable to edit and add my amazon affiliate code. When I click "edit" or the text box, the instruction box about how to register for your affiliate codes pops up.

Anyone have this problem and fixed it yet?

1. Mikeydoes profile image76
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had this same problem and the funny thing is. It is not a problem at all.

As long as it is "set" then it works, there is no need to add a code. Just simply just make hubs and amazon will work.

1. profile image55
        Eyes Wide Openposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I'm gonna go for it!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

After you click edit you need to copy and paste the code (top left of your amazon affiliates home page) into the box and click ok, or set.

Just make sure you're trying to insert the amazon code here:
    http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

1. profile image55

Appreciate the response, I did that but there's some kind of glich or something.  I'm gonna forge ahead and see what happens when I try to add Amazon products to my hub.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'll be able to use Amazon capsules whether your affiliate ID is "set" or not.  You just won't earn any commissions if your ID isn't set up properly.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What kind of glitch?

The box does pops up titled: "Amazon Associates Tracking ID Help". But you need to take your attention back to the place where you clicked the edit button, there you can enter or edit the Amazon affiliate code.

If things don't work, you can contact the hubpages staff at team@hubpages.com.

And, welcome to HubPages! smile

1. profile image55

Thanks for your input.

I have my affiliate code, I don't seem to be able to add my amazon affiliate code when I click on "edit", nothing opens up, I can't type or paste in the box.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
            Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Alright, then you can contact the staff if nothing else works.

working