jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Problem with Amazon affiliate on my hub

1. Valux profile image71
    Valuxposted 9 years ago

So I am signed up with amazon affiliate and it appears on my page fine, but the link to the product does not have my tracking id in it, it has a generic hubpages-20 id.  Is there any way to correct this?

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Refresh the page, may be a couple of times big_smile

3. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 9 years ago
  4. Valux profile image71
    Valuxposted 9 years ago

refreshing the page didn't correct the issue, and I did read the FAQ, I understand that hubpages gets a portion of it, but it still doesn't answer my question.  Its not showing any clicks (i understand you only get something if an item is purchased) on amazon or adsense, when I know there have been from different friends of mine viewing my hub.  It's just all a bit confusing.  hmm

5. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Well, having your friends clicking on your ads is a surefire way to have your adsense account canceled without prejudice.

If several refresh attempts don't show you your amazon id, you probably did not configure it correctly. Shoot email to team@hubpages.com, so they can check this.

Flush this - you are fine. Next time don't call your amazon affiliate account hubpages0dd lol

6. Valux profile image71
    Valuxposted 9 years ago

lol, well I didn't pick the id, it auto generated it.  Oh well... in any case it is working now.  And I didn't have them click on the adsense ads, just once on the amazon and not to purchase.  Wasn't trying to make money off of it, just wanted to make sure it was set up correctly.  But  it seems to have corrected itself now.  Thanks though for the help smile

7. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

you are welcome smile

8. rmr profile image83
    rmrposted 9 years ago

I never solicit friends to click my ads.But since you brought it up, a friend told me she bought her school books through one of my Amazon ads. That was three weeks ago, and I never got credited. I have to wonder how many times this has happened.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You must remember - you only own 60% of the impressions. smile

1. rmr profile image83
        rmrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reminder. I only seem to remember that, when I'm looking at Adsense. Too bad. That was a pretty big purchase. Thanks again, Mark.

working