jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Exessive tags? Related questions?

1. snakebaby profile image66
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

If I add tags like "bakugan, bakugans, bakugan toys, bakugan toy, bakugan balls,bakugan ball, bakugan review....", it can go on and on, all about a bakugan. Any idea if this would would have impact on your keyword density of the article therefore get penalized by SE? Or is it just tags that SE is smart to identify?

btw, I also noticed "related questions" on the right side, I think most of time they may not be related at all. Doesn't it have negative effect? Why non-related questions end up showing in my articles?

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Less tags means chances of results come in top 10

more tags means less tarrif

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Tarrif? You mean traffic?

As for the rest of your post, it sounds peculiar to me.

snakebabyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My sentiment exactly. Sounds like... suspicious, not only that, it didn't help in any ways

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
        PaulaHenry1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why would more mean less?

2. snakebaby profile image66
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

The title for this topic may be misleading. I'm asking whether too many repeated keyword in tags would cause problems. Hope for a bright answer. Thanks

3. WryLilt profile image81
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Hi Snakebaby - I don't *think* it should influence keyword density.

I do know that each tag creates a backlink to your article and since your anchor text will be your keyword, that's good for your article.

Thanks a lot, Wrylilt, it sounds reasonable. Sometimes a massive tags are really needed,  sometimes there are only handful keywords available for the content. I do hope you are right. I'll keep on watching smile

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Snake,

If it matters, I've read posts by Hubpages Staff that said keywords should be optimized.

You can use up 20 keywords(max) for articles up to 1500 words.

For articles over 1500 words, you can use up to 40 keywords/tags.

Should you go over that or have 40 on a hub less than 1500 words, then you will be flagged for keywords/tags. You'll be forced to reduce the number.

I hope that helps give you a guideline. wink big_smile

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

On your related questions- if your tags are not related to your content, and you enter them. Then you can possibly be flagged for deceptive tagging.

Just an added thought. smile

Thank u very much, Cagsil, that really helped! It reminded me that I was warned couple of times when adding the tags, so I reduced them till no more warning presents. But today I removed some of the tags for few of my hubs in the new worry that it might hurt, since my newer hubs can't be found anywhere under keyword search. Now I'm assured, hubpages has no warnings for me big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

working