jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Finally! My first progress on Amazon!

1. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Someone just ordered a snowman sweater via one of my hubs lol

not big money but its started my Amazon career, until now all my money was coming from Adsense, until I started writing more product hubs recently.

$19.00, thats about £10.. Anyone know how much you need to earn on Amazon to receive payment?

1. muratos profile image59
      muratosposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You should earn at least $100 to get a payment but I think you can easily pass this level if you regularly write product reviews.

p.s. : I forgot to say that this is for payment by check. If you have a bank account in US, it is just $10

2. pisean282311 profile image53
      pisean282311posted 6 years agoin reply to this

wow congrats man...well if you are in usa $10 can be payout in you opt for bank transfer...otherwise $100 is the threshold for payout...

3. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's $100 Richie, and they pay by cheque. You'll find that UK banks take a whack off the total in fees for cashing a dollar cheque, but its a fixed fee no matter the size of the cheque, so it might be worth raising your pay out level so that you only get hit with the one fee. I've followed RyanKett's advice to wait until I have $1000 before getting payout. I doubt very much if I'll get there this year, but when  do it'll be worth waiting for. I grudge giving rich bankers any more of my hard earned cash than I can help.

1. CMHypno profile image89
        CMHypnoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you Izzy, but I have set mine at $500 as I'm not patient enought to wait for $1,000.  Only about $30 to go now!!!!

2. Spacey Gracey profile image61
        Spacey Graceyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Izzy and Richard - I banked my last check at Barclays and they charge a % instead of a one off after a particular level is hit - cost me about £10 to bank a check of about $450.

Going to try Lloyds this month. Staff at Barclays were kind but clueless - I live in a very small town and not all the residents had heard of this magical 'Amercia' place, let alone their magical 'dollars' currency smile

1. EmpressFelicity profile image77
          EmpressFelicityposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Let us know how you get on - Lloyds TSB is my bank, and I've been wondering what's going to happen when I wave a $150 cheque under their noses (which should be some time in January/February 2011 with any luck). 

I too live in a small town where people's geographical knowledge is similarly limited lol

4. kids-toy-box profile image73
      kids-toy-boxposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Amazon Uk usually pays out after you reach 75 GBP...hoping you get a cheque soon then!

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

He's with Amazon.com. You can't use Amazon.co.uk with Hubpages, unfortunately, unless you place an external link for them in which case you can only insert 2 per hub.

2. geargirl113 profile image61
    geargirl113posted 6 years ago

Congratulations on your first sale. I have found that it can really be a snow ball affect with Amazon. And since it is the beginning of the month, you can hopefully get some more sales to help your payout to be bigger.

3. Mikeydoes profile image77
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Cool, I really need to get on product hubs, I just don't really know what to do.

Congrats

4. emievil profile image80
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Congrats on your first sale. Before you know it you'll hit pay out. Since I'm not in the US, I opted to receive gift certificates and pay out for this one is $10. smile

5. Jo Deslaurier profile image72
    Jo Deslaurierposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I hope to follow in your footsteps one of these days.

6. Spacey Gracey profile image61
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

And well done Richie.

7. Spacey Gracey profile image61
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

It was hilarious Empress. They were franticly tapping on computers and calculators and looking at booklets, and in the end I just told them to bank it and I would work out what it had cost me later smile. Expecting to have to do the same thing at Lloyds. Will let you know - banking it tomorrow.

8. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys!

9. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Congrats! Cannot wait until I get my first sale!

working