jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Curious about allowing Kontera ads...

1. Peggy W profile image93
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Is anyone here getting any money from allowing Kontera ads on their hubs?  Just curious.  Or is it better to use the Google Adsense and Amazon ads?

1. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 6 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion, Kontera is not as good as adsense, but has potential to be better.

If your intention is to succeed with adsense/amazon then do not use kontera. Google adsense just tends to pay more for click and get more clicks in most cases. Why take away clicks from adsense?

Peggy Wposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  If Google pays more per click than Kontera, why would anyone want to use Kontera?

Well a few reasons...

1) People do not realize that kontera pays less for clicks generally

2) They think they can make more money by using adsense, amazon, and kontera. This is a misconception. Focusing on one or the other is better.

Focusing on Amazon+adsense is not bad because you can write hubs that are for amazon primarily and informative/other hubs that are mainly for adsense.

If you use Kontera with adsense then you take the chance of possibly getting a lower priced click that could of been from adsense.

3) People like to experiment, I used it for a while, but no longer.

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years agoin reply to this

n my opinion, Kontera and amazon is not as good as adsense as Kontera gives you earning only on clicks and Amazon only if someone buy product with your referral while adsense also gives you earning on page views

Amazon can be good if you specifically tailor your hubs for it. You can't just slap on products on adsense tailored hubs...

I do agree though, that adsense is usually the primary source of revenue and popularity for most people on here.

1.Adsense

2.Amazon

3.Kontera

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I found that my AdSense earnings took off after I removed Kontera from all my hubs.

Thanks for the information.  Really appreciate it!

3. Peggy W profile image93
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the information!  Really appreciate it.  I had only gone with adsense but read another hubber that said that she is getting about 90% of her money from Amazon, so I have started adding those capsules to my hubs along with the auto-generated Adsense ones.  Plan to see how that works.

4. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I would suggest to stay away from Kontera as the revenue potential is not that good as compared to adsense. Kontera ads also tend to interfere with adsense ads and take away adsense ads which are far more highly valued. My suggestion is that stay way from kontera and concentrate on building your adsense revenue.

Thanks for all of the advice.

working