jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

"Broken videos" automatic notification system

1. Susan Ng profile image89
    Susan Ngposted 6 years ago

I have some hubs with a lot of videos in them and I was wondering if there was an easy way to monitor what I call "broken videos" in hubs. Like when the only thing that you see when you click on the play button is "This video has been removed blah blah blah."

Right now I have 8 hubs with multiple videos in each, and I find "broken videos" in them quite regularly because the videos have been removed from YouTube for whatever reason. I plan to make more of these video hubs, but it's a big hassle to go through each hub one by one and manually check each video one by one every day. It would be nice if there was some sort of automatic notification system that shows us if our hubs have "broken videos" just like with the "broken links" feature.

smile

1. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your suggestion!  :-)

We do currently  check for broken videos.

You can see if any broken links were found by using this url:
      http://hubpages.com/my/badlinks

which is the same as clicking "broken links" in my account.

If you find a broken video that was not caught, please feel free to let me know and I can see what's up.

-Larry

2. Susan Ng profile image89

I see. smile So the same feature that checks for broken links also checks for broken videos. I wonder why it always reported "No broken links at this time" even when I had broken videos. Anyway, thanks. I'll keep using the Broken Links feature and still monitor videos manually to compare results. smile

3. Susan Ng profile image89

Reporting a broken video that was not caught:

I found one broken video in this hub of mine yet the Broken Links feature reports "No broken links found at this time":

http://hubpages.com/hub/deathnotethemes

The second video displays "This video is no longer available..." when you try to play it.

4. Susan Ng profile image89

I've already fixed the video.

1. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Susan,

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll verify that our broken video checker would have caught it.

-Larry

working