jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Slide Show Function - Seems Not to Work Properly

1. HSanAlim profile image52
    HSanAlimposted 6 years ago

I have just noticed that after the new format upgrades the slide show function may not be working properly. Every hub I open shows the "include in a slide show" box to be unchecked.  Even if I recheck it the next time I open settings it is again blank.
    Some hubs still show slide show visits happening but two new hubs don't see to be getting picked up by the slide show function.

Is anyone else having this problem?

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's probably an issue with your particular browser. Can you tell me which browser and operating system you are using? Thanks for the report.

1. HSanAlim profile image52
        HSanAlimposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Fawntia,

I just tried a few of the hubs with this problem in IE, Firefox and Chrome and all browsers exhibit the same problem.

On a few of them, after repeated attempts over a few days the request for the slide show stuck.  So I feel there definetly is some type of software problem in the hubpages code for the slide show function.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I don't come to the forums as often as i should. Busy building my hub inventory and promoting them as well.

Thanks for your attention to this problem.

1. Fawntia profile image

We've noticed that some browsers aren't submitting all of the information that they should be (including the slideshow data). We're not sure why at this point, but it seems to be a rare problem without any pattern to it. I'm guessing that this is the same problem that you are experiencing. I have an idea for how to fix it, and I'll try to get to it soon, but that might be hard with the holiday coming up.

2. Fawntia profile image

We just made a change that we hope has fixed the problem. Will you please try to check the slideshow box on a Hub and see if the change "sticks" this time? Thanks!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I am not. hmm

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Nor I.  I published a few days ago with no problem.

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

not having this problem, you may wait and check again later

working