jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

Hubpages text sizing

1. tnderhrt23 profile image80
    tnderhrt23posted 6 years ago

I have a new HP laptop. The text sizing on Hubpages has self-adjusted several times, which I dont understand. The text on any other site that I go to does not. The text on Hubpages is now almost microscopic and I can barely read it at all.
    I went to control panel and adjusted the text size from 100% to 125% which magnifies all text except Hubpages! I need help! Any suggestions are welcome!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You may want to paste your text into a plain text document (like Notepad), then copy and paste into your hubs from there. It could be some hidden code that causes interference, and going through the plain text editor will strip off the code.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

i think the hubpages text size is perfect. why do you want to change it? Whatever if you are having problem in reading or writing you can zoom the monitor by pressing "Ctrl" and "+" together.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you must have misunderstood the Original Post.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

eeeeeeee, are you talking about HTML code or something like those?

1. profile image0

Your analysis turned out to be correct, even though the Original Post seemed to show there was some encoding problem - that the text got resized by HubPages. Never mind, thanks for your contribution.

thank you smile , you always know far better than me. i never mind. smile

2. tnderhrt23 profile image80
        tnderhrt23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Website Examiner, thank you.  "CTRL" and "+" did the trick.  I am not the most computer literate individual in the world, I admit...but the text was so small on the entire site that I could barely read it...zoom solved it. Thanks!

1. profile image0

You are welcome, glad you have solved it. Fortunately, we had Saleheensblog figuring out what your problem was and what you needed to do, even if that may not have been what you meant initially.

2. tnderhrt23 profile image80

Once again, I  thank you all for your speedy response. I knew there was a trick, somewhere...just beyond my knowledge. I know where to come with my technical issues now! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

happy thanksgiving

3. lorlie6 profile image87
          lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting...Just yesterday I was having the same problem on StumbleUpon.  I emailed them and they replied that my browser was to blame.

4. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm laughing as I read this because I've had the same problem (its my sloppy typing)! Using Google Chrome with my new laptop has caused the page to shrink or enlarge several times now. The first time it happened I had no clue how to get out of it. This may help in future:

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bi … opic=28650

1. tnderhrt23 profile image80

I didn't know if it was a Hubpages problem, a computer issue or just plain operator error....lol but when it became necessary to drag out my Sherlock Holmes magnifier...I stumbled upon this handy dandy forum and voila! All I needed to do was zoom! I cant tell ya'll how tickled I am! And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!!!! Ha!

2. lorlie6 profile image87
            lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Izzy!!!
            THANK YOU so much!  Now SU is working-I couldn't be happier since I use StumbleUpon constantly.
            I had no idea that Google Chrome had such a feature.
            And thanks to Sahleensblog, too!!!

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

seems like I have for the first time discovered something good for the community tongue

working