jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Can you help me understand the Referral Tracker page?

1. Efficiency Man profile image61
    Efficiency Manposted 6 years ago

Categories on this page are "traffic to hubs", "sign-ups", "hubs", and "traffic views".

So, "traffic to hubs" is apparently the amount of traffic that hubs have received which were created by people who signed up under me. But what the heck is "traffic views"? Anyone know?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Traffic views: Views on hubs that have arrived via your tracker;

Sign-ups: Number of people signing up as your affialiate;

Hubs, traffic to hubs: The number of hubs and views generated by your sign-ups.

EDIT: I have corrected my post to reflect Susana's post.

3. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

I think traffic views is the number of times a link that contained your referral ID has been clicked on.

4. prairieprincess profile image97
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Do traffic views receive any compensation, or is it just for interest sake?

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years agoin reply to this

In your adsense account you may see some very small amounts for page impressions, but not enough to get excited about.

People are generally interested in their traffic, because for the most part more traffic = more clicks.

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

By using your referral tracker to send someone to a hub, you will receive a share of the page impressions, to be taken out of HubPages 40% share. Income generated through clicks on your page impressions belong to you, therefore using URL trackers this way may generate some additional income.

working