jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

HTML - help!

1. Wriggling Writer profile image62
    Wriggling Writerposted 6 years ago

Please can anyone who understands HTML help me? 

This is the index page HTML from my blog, and there's something wrong with it.  I've tried and tried and just can't fathom it out.  Apparently, there's no if statement, and a division missing, but it's beyond me to correct it.  It's all to do with the else statement on line 60 (I think).

Does anyone know how to correct it?  This is from my Hubpages-linked blog, and at the moment, all it's showing is a parsing and syntax error.

Many thanks,  Wriggly (HTML below)

: ?>

2. Wriggling Writer profile image62
    Wriggling Writerposted 6 years ago

The HTML doesn't appear to have posted.  Does anyone know a way that I can get this corrected (somewhere else to ask?) without having to totally redo my whole blog?

Thanks,  Wriggly

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You are out of luck. HubPages simply does not allow HTML, whether in hubs or on the forum. This is due to security concerns.

There is a code capsule, but that is only for showing samples of code in articles about computer programming.

1. Wriggling Writer profile image62
      Wriggling Writerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ok - thanks, anyway.  I have just found a help forum on Wordpress.org, anyway.  Hopefully, I'll have better luck there.

I'm a total HTML newbie.  Is it very insecure, then?

Thanks for your time, WE

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome.

Once a site accepts HTML, it can easily be used to run malicious code. For illustration, Google Docs permits running HTML to a limited extent. But they also have an automatic filter, which blocks many types of code - even some that I know to be perfectly safe. Allowing HTML on this site would probably turn it into a spam nightmare in no time.

HTML is not insecure for you if you write it yourself and know what you are doing. If you run scripts and pre-made code prepared by others, that can be perfectly safe as long as it comes from a trusted source.

working