jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Source Code

1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'm currently trying to up my articles in google.

So, what I'm doing is looking at the source code of those that are no 1 and seeing how they got there.

I'm wondering if 'contents' plays a part, and if so, is that equivalent to the 'summary' tag that we have.

Does anyone know what part the summary tag plays in terms of google ranking?

Thank you

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Just looking at that some more, it's actually the description tag that seems to have an importance that I haven't previously realized.

As anyone got some experience with this?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"The Meta Title tag is the most important from what we observe and that is driven by the title of the Hub." -- HP Staff

And the summary you have mentioned is important as it forms the meta description.

Meta description tag is no more important for popular search engines, they no more read meta description tags.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The title has an effect on your search engine ranking, the description has an effect on your click through rate.

+1
          the targeted keywords in the description under the url in search engines attracts the reader much. It has a psychological advantage.

2. kephrira profile image58
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

I think the summary in hubpages provide the meta description for the page - which is the description that usually comes up on google under the title.

It always helps to have your main keywords in the summary / description, but I don't think it is a major factor.

Hope that helps answer your question

1. profile image0

I was looking at the key words in those people whose articles were about much the same thing as mine, and all things being equal,  their key words were no different to mine. The only thing that was different was the description. Hence my question.

What causes one article to get higher ranking than another article if keywords are the same, articles contain similar information and have similar length

Also, with regard to the title, what does google see as a good title?

1. profile image0

Also, another question. Just searched for one particular article.

In Alta Vista I'm not 3. In google I'm on the third page. In Yahoo, I can't find it.

As I work through my hubs, I'll be asking these questions.

Is there another forum to ask this, or is this the right forum?

Many thanks. smile

hubpages knowledge exchange will be the best place

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
          Mark Knowlesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is the wrong forum. You need to ask here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/2

But - be careful asking too many questions - as you have just done. These questions do not have simple answers, and there is plenty of information on the site to help you with these things. wink

Look for:

Backlinks
          SEO
          Keyword research

2. saleheensblog profile image60

In a same site when the keyword, quality and length and on page seo are equal for multiple contents; age and backlink works as other important factors for page rank.

The title question has no particular answer as far as I am concerned. It depends on competitive keyword research. I can say one thing, title should reflect the content.

working