jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

New hubber needs HELP!

1. jdavis88 profile image89
    jdavis88posted 6 years ago

New hubber here, and I can use all the help I can get.  Please critique any of my hubs.  I will be grateful for any help... be gentle.. lol

1. Shadesbreath profile image86
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The Bumpdrafter one is too short.  I think you need to open it up with a conversation about NASCAR that is meaningful to readers before you direct them off to your blog.

You have to remember that each hub you write IS an article. It's not just an ad for something (even though many might want it to just be that).  SO, since people come to your hubs thinking they are going to get actual information of use or entertainment, you have to give them something interesting.  You have to take time to provide something genuine, as if you actually care about them and their time. Show them you are interested in the topic, why it matters, give them not just a taste of what you do on your blog, but a genuine example of your fully fleshed wit and depth of knowledge.  THEN you can go with a sort of "if you like THIS, check out my blog" and you will have earned a click.

Your safegaurding the house for toddlers one is also too short, but you can expand on it easily enough. It's got some good info in it already, so that's up to you.

The Florida vacation spots looks good, seems like you are getting the hang of it more by the time you got to that one.

jdavis88posted 6 years agoin reply to this

gotcha , will do!

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I checked the latest. Didn't read it as I don't have time in hand now.

A quick points:
    Don't post a photo just beside the first text capsule. The right top corner of a hub is the best place for ads to be placed for getting clicked. You didn't even leave an empty space for google to place those ads. If you take a look at any reputed hubber's hub you will see they have a 360x250 size ads block in the top right of of their hubs.

how do you add just the empty space for a google ad?  i must not be seeing .  do you just space the text for it in the text capsule or is there an actual capsule to add space for it?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That comes automatically provided the first text capsule has a sufficient amount of text and no images or other objects are placed to the right of it.

Got it.  Thanks.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
            saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

not yet.
            Insert at least 120+ word in the first text capsule to make it work. Then split the rest of the text at least in 2 text capsule. Make the second text capsule short as well.

3. jdavis88 profile image89
    jdavis88posted 6 years ago

Fixing right now... THANKS!!!

working