jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

You make me look dumb...and I am NOT!

1. paulvanderschyff profile image59
    paulvanderschyffposted 6 years ago

Hello all

I joined the "hub-world" today. I read up on how to and what a hub is, and when I was ready to post my first hub, I was declared a dumb-ass (by myself).

I am so interested to start my first hub, but nowhere and I mean nowhere, does it show me where the main content of my hub must be written.  Now all of you may laugh at this, but you are dealing with a highly educated businessman who has just been made a fool because when I started my first hub, I was clueless...even though "all" procedures are explained in advance.  I may not be the ultimate hubber ever, but for Pete's sake, help me.  I am sitting here so frustrated because sites like this assume that the minimum required knowledge of the NET is enough to understand the creating of a hub.

I have successfully written many blogs and even a hard-copy book, but this is beyond me.  I try to create my first hub, but I cannot find the main content screen, and to top it all, I cannot find the delete button for the two I previewed as headings only....you make me look dumb.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Us old'uns get like this big_smile

Your hub is made up of text boxes - you have to hit the EDIT button at the top of the empty box and then put the text in it - this should lead you to self-discover the photo boxes (capsules) etc.  Good luck from a reformed dumba@@ big_smile

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 6 years ago

Hey, Paul!

When I first started on the site (which was not quite two months ago) I found the Learning Center to be REALLY helpful.  It will walk you step by step through all sorts of things, including making your first hub.

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/
    (you can find this link in the bottom menu area of Hubpages)

1. profile image0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well done HDV  !!   I would have said this but never remember where to find the help !

It does contain most of what we need to know at every stage through the process.

working