jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

I am not able to buy Market Samurai

1. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I want to buy the Market Samurai. With the trial version expired I have lost access to most of its features and want to buy it. But as it is priced in dollar and I am from India I am unable to purchase it as I don't have an international credit card. I would need suggestions as how can I buy Market Samurai?

1. akeetlebeetle profile image80
      akeetlebeetleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sid, when you purchase Market Samurai, you are purchasing a code that is automatically inserted into your program via your email address. Purchase the code through Paypal (after you tie in your CC) and follow the given steps.

There is nothing to send through the mail as you already have the program, it's just waiting to be activated.

2. SteveoMc profile image79
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Perhaps you could use PayPal.

3. sid_candid profile image59

Good Idea Steve but My bank won't allow funds transfer to paypal. So am unable to.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

do you have a friend with a credit card?

5. sid_candid profile image59

I have contacted a few but none have a international credit card so no use. The only option I can think as of now is my uncle who says in US to make the purchase it for me, but not sure how he can send it to me and whether there would be any problems.

6. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

Have you connected your credit card to your PayPal account?

7. sid_candid profile image59

No I have not. Can you let me know how to do it?

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 6 years agoin reply to this

When you are logged in your PP account, put your cursor over the "Profile" tag - a drop down will appear - and you can easily add your credit card there.

There is another, roundabout way - go to the MS sales page, and click on the PayPal button to make the payment. You will reach the PayPal page, and will get a prompt to add a credit card.

8. sid_candid profile image59

But I have contacted my credit card and they say that I cannot make any payment in Dollars but only in INR. Would that still work.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You may want to contact the vendor about making an international wire transfer through your bank.

2. SiddSingh profile image60

I think it will.

This is how it works - PP deducts money from your CC account , converts INR to USD, and then pays vendor in USD. The only problem is - they will apply exchange of something like 1 USD = Rs 40 (while the current exchange rate is 46+) which over the whole transaction amt of USD 150 (the price of MS) will mean that you will pay about Rs 900 to 1,000 extra, plus the normal CC charges.

1. profile image0

If that is the case, I don't understand the need to tie the PayPal account to a credit card. Why is it not possible just to tie it directly to the banking account?

It does not work - there are RBI (central banking authority of India) restrictions in that regard.

1. profile image0

Thanks for explaining. I am interested.

You are most welcome, WE!

Indeed, you cannot use PayPal to send and receive personal payments in India - only business transactions, and even those under designated heads only - are allowed. This is all of recent occurrence  - around March-April in 2010.

9. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

If you failed to connect PayPal to credit card then PayPal is likely to stop you from making any purchase from your account. Connecting PayPal account to credit/debit card is necessary step for Asians (not just India).

working