jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

US or International Prepaid Debit Card Help.....Please!

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I got paid from HP over the weekend and transferred the money unto my Netspend Prepaid card. When I tried logging in I was told there is a problem with my account. The money was returned to Paypal but even after speaking with Netspend customer service, my account is still blocked. I was promised that it would be unblocked yesterday and it wasn't. I called back today and was asked for a copy of my national ID and passport. I sent the info but what irks me is that I know not why my account was blocked as they refuse to tell me. I have seen a lot of disgruntled people on the internet thrashing these people.

So I need a prepaid debit card that I can apply for without a social security number, as I live outside the US. Any ideas, anyone?

I have a Payoneer card but unable to withdraw from Paypal at the moment.

1. WryLilt profile image83
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Is there a reason you can't use a normal bank account?

Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My bank charges JA $2,300 to receive that money. That's a lot of money. Plus I would have to pay a fee for Paypal transfer to international banks.

1. TamCor profile image79
          TamCorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess that you can't get a PayPal card then?  Not the charge card, but the one you can use like a debit card?  I'm sorry--I don't know any other options... sad

No, there are restrictions from certain countries.

2. WryLilt profile image83

Geez that's stupid. Paypal transfers free to my Australian bank. In fact I thought nothing should stop money going INTO the bank.

It's not the paypal end that's my problem, it's my local bank, they are a bunch of robbers. I don't understand why they would charge me for collecting money in my bank account!

1. WryLilt profile image83

Can you change banks?

It wouldn't matter, they all charge expensive fees for international wire transfers. I bank with two commercial banks and two building societies and they are not much different. I need a debit card where I can go to the ATM and collect my money.

2. ndungusoft profile image61
      ndungusoftposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Cardisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ndungusoft, already did. Payoneer upgraded my card three months ago and I am receiving my payments from Paypal, Amazon and Google through the card. I had gotten the payoneer card through Elance last year, only needed the upgrade to use it...lol

I did mention in the original post that I have a Payoneer card already.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Then guess it is unclear why you can't just use that?

Cardisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I asked for help before my card was upgraded. I had no idea that I could use the card through paypal as they only offer the service to some card users. I had to prove that I had funds in my paypal account by sending a screenshot along with sending a link to my hubpages profile and blogs. At the time I posted this I was in a dilemma and that was three months ago, I since have had the issue resolved, what is so unclear about that?

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

Interestingly, I'm having sort of a similar problem with Paypal. I can't transfer money to my husband's bank account because my name isn't on the account. I can't get the debit card either, because I don't have a bank account. The only way for me to get my money is to have paypal cut me a check. Last time I did that it cost $11, but I got it within a week.

Where are you living? Outside the US?

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
        Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, I'm in the US. And I'm still having problems lol

3. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Somebody resurrected a 3-month old thread to stick in his affiliate link!

working