jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)

I'm FED UP With How Amazon Treats International Affiliates

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

I've posted on their wall about it - from the time a sale is made, I could be waiting up to 5 months to see that money in my bank account, even if I reach the payout limit every month.

If you have a minute, please go like and comment. Doubt they'll make a change, but may as well try right?

https://www.facebook.com/Amazon/posts/10153025752788124

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
      DrMark1961posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am also southern hemisphere, and had the same problems so I eliminated most of my Amazon capsules. Now that they will pay directly through HP, there is no longer a problem, since the payment comes into my PayPal account, so I added the capsules again.
      The switch is worth looking into.

WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have done the switch on Hubpages, but I have many of my own websites, so that's not an option there unfortunately.

2. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hey Susanna, I face the same problem. I set my threshold to $300 just to save myself from these hassles, but it's still a problem. I want them to offer direct deposit, I don't mind if they charge $10 for it or so either, because the bank takes their charges anyway and even Paypal takes a bigger cut (on conversion rates) if transferred via paypal.

3. colorfulone profile image89
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That would be frustrating. I liked your post on FB.
      Good to see that someone from Amazon stepped up.

4. SpaceShanty profile image92
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I understand your problem, i just opt to be paid in Amazon gift vouchers and buy things I need with free UK shipping.  I also considered buying gold coins/bullion as I can resell them for almost the same price I paid, it is a bit of a pain but better than nothing!

Unfortunately it's difficult to find things that ship free to Australia and the majority of items they won't ship at all - anything electrical, or that might not meet Australian standards (many of ours are more stringent than those in the US).

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
          DrMark1961posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The only thing that ships here to Brasil are Kindle books! I do have a Payoneer card though and it works fine here, so if you have already applied for one that is probably your best solution.

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

They certainly responded quickly, they already commented on your Facebook post. I'm sure they don't want to lose the business you bring to them.

3. Shil1978 profile image86
    Shil1978posted 2 years ago

I share your pain. It took me close to a year (maybe 8-10 months to be exact) to receive a check. Why? Because the check would never arrive (or get lost). Then, I have to request them to void the check and request a reissue. I did this thrice before finally getting my check 8-10 months down the line.

They do say it may take 4 to 8 weeks (if I remember correctly) for an international check to arrive. I did speak with their customer support about why they don't have PayPal as an option and the reason was because PayPal was owned by eBay.

Now that it seems Paypal is going to be spinned off eBay, hopefully Amazon can utilize them to process international payments because the check system is absolutely a disgrace for international associates.

1. Lady Lorelei profile image78
      Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would love to see paypal payouts for anyone eligible for that account. With the internet making the world more global I don't see why it is not possible. I dislike the check payment route as well and would love to have it come through paypal. I am in Canada so it is very possible for Amazon to initiate the change but they still require everyone outside US to be paid by check.

4. Corrinna-Johnson profile image83
    Corrinna-Johnsonposted 2 years ago

I am from Canada and I use Mastercard Payoneer to receive my Amazon payments. It is an international payment processor for companies to pay people outside the US. Every month on the 28th, my Mastercard debit card is loaded with my Amazon earnings. The card can be used anywhere in the world where MC is accepted. Basically how it works is Mastercard sets up a virtual bank in the US for you and then when a payment is made to your bank account, it automatically transfers onto a MC debit card they send you in the mail. There is a annual fee of $25 for the card and they charge fees to withdraw the money from an ATM machine, but they do not charge any fees to use the card as a debit card or online as a credit card. You also have the option of withdrawing your funds to your bank. I have been using them for about three years now and I have never had any problems.

Ha! Brilliant. I just signed up and will give it a test run. Even with fees, it works out cheaper than what my bank charges for foreign cheques!

1. lobobrandon profile image84

Looks like I should give it a try as well smile Gonna look it up. Any info that you'd like to share about it from your recent sign up?

I have yet to receive this month's payment so as yet, I can't give feedback. Will post when I do!

I can't contact their support via chat or mail without signing up... I need to find out whether I can create a virtual bank account as Amazon Affiliate doesn't provide a payoneer payment option. Did you create a virtual account or are you doing something else?

Just signed up, it's in review. Once that's done, then I can contact them lol

2. WryLilt profile image87

I signed up with a virtual account and put that into the bank ac details on Amazon.

Thanks, I'll do that too once it's verified

5. neosurk profile image88
    neosurkposted 2 years ago

I'm also non-US, and I have been using Payoneer's US Payment Service for Amazon commissions since 2012. It works like a charm.

You will get a "Bank of America" bank routing number and account number which you can input in your Amazon Associates settings. The money comes earlier than the 30th/31st. For example, the March commissions arrive in your Payoneer account on the last week of May, probably in the 27th or 28th. Then off you go to the ATM! big_smile

Sweet, I got it all set up so from the following month the new payment option will be used. One more cheque in the meanwhile lol

1. neosurk profile image88
        neosurkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Great! If anyone wishes to apply for a Payoneer account, shoot me a message. I will send you a referral link through which we both can earn $25 bonus.

6. profile image59
    Weescapeposted 2 years ago

good luck for you

working