jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Bug in link capsule: Apostrophe disappears when linking

1. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a link capsule.
    2. Paste a Hub link in there with an apostrophe in its summary and add it.
    3. In the 'Link description', all apostrophes will have disappeared (so You've becomes Youve).

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

If I am not mistaken, apostrophes are not used in links at all of any kind from any site.

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In the summary of the link. So the summary of a hub in most cases.

3. larryfreeman profile image85
    larryfreemanposted 6 years ago

Hi simeonvisser,

Thanks for reporting this.  I'll see what's up and post back on this thread.

Cheers,

-Larry

4. larryfreeman profile image85

I investigated the issue and the apostrophe works fine for me.

I tested it using Firefox on Vista.

SimeonVisser, which type of browser are you using and what is your operating system.  I followed the steps that you outlined and I did not find a problem with the apostrophe.

I did notice a problem with the ampersand not appearing correctly.  I'll post on this thread when the ampersand issue is fixed.

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Larry, thanks for looking into this. I can't seem to reproduce the error at the moment. I'm running Firefox 4 beta on Ubuntu Linux 10.04.

Firefox 4 (actually called Minefield tongue) is regularly updated because it is beta. It may have been an error in Firefox 4 itself because it works now. Sorry for this, I'll keep this in mind when reporting a possible bug in the future (I'll check with a different browser). On the other hand, you discovered an issue with the ampersand so this thread was not a complete waste smile

5. larryfreeman profile image85

The ampersand issue with the link capsule will be fixed with the next update to the site.

working