jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Linking to other hub pages on your hub page and making money from it

1. blessed365 profile image82
    blessed365posted 6 years ago

Are we allowed to link to other hub pages from our own hub and earn from that or do we have to link to only outside sources?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can use a URL tracker to link to hubs. You will then get about 10% of the page impressions of the hub you are linking to for 2 hours after someone clicked on your link with the URL tracker.

URL trackers do not work when linking to external sites. But they do work when linking from external sites to HubPages.

1. ThomasE profile image75
      ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hm, I have been wary of this. Sure, you get 10% of page impressions, but while hub hopping I have seen pages against google ToS (which I flag), and there is no way of controlling where people 'go next' while they have the cookie.

I'm a little paranoid, maybe, but I don't want to risk my adds appearing on one of those pages, and losing my only adsense account.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point. I never use URL trackers internally. But many top earnes use them extensively - both to earn and measure traffic.

2. simeonvisser profile image85
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You only get 10% from impressions, your ads will never appear next to hubs that are not yours.

1. profile image0

Actually, his AdSense affiliate ID would be run on those hubs. So the ads on those hubs would be associated with his account.

3. thisisoli profile image55
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can always check the page you are linking to, that way you know that your traffic is being sent to a safe page to advertise on.

3. blessed365 profile image82
    blessed365posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone!

1. profsear profile image61
      profsearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think ads will run only on your hub

1. profile image0

That is incorrect, if URL trackers are used.

working