Key Words, Long Tails, Getting Traffic And Making Money Tutorial.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (34 posts)
  1. crazyhorsesghost profile image70
    crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years ago

A lot of people fail to see how important research can be. Below is a list of the most popular niches.

Make Money or Save Money
    * Debt
    * Insurance
    * Credit cards
    * Loans
    * And many more
    Self Development
    Spiritual/Supernatural
    Information Technology (IT)
    Online shopping
    Health And Fitness
    Relationship/Dating
    Life Problems And Solutions
    Food Recipes And Cooking
    Hobbies And Crafts

And of course you can take each of those niches and break it down into sub niches. You can use the key word tool at Google to search for related key words and see how many searches a particular key word gets. You can find the Google Key Word Tool by going to Google and putting " Google Keyword Tool " into the search box.

You can go to that Key Word Research Tool and put in " Home Owners Insurance Policy "

When you do you will see other related key words. Lets pick out three more long tail key words.

Here are the ones I picked out.

1. Home Owners Insurance
    2. Home Owner Insurance Quote
    3. Cheap Home Owners Insurance

We will use Home Owners Insurance Policy as the title for the Hub Page and in the URL.

We will use 1, 2, and 3 as the sub titles to three sections we will do on the Hub Page.

You will want to write 400 words plus of on topic content for each of the three sections on the Hub Page.

You want your text to be able to be read naturally and you want to use 1, 2, and 3 as long tail key words. You want your key word density to be at 2 1/2 to 3 percent. You can go to the below URL and check your key word density.

http://www.keyworddensity.com/

You can even use that tool to compare two different web pages. Another great key word density tool can be found at.

http://www.webconfs.com/keyword-density-checker.php

And keep in mind that at Google you want your key word density to be at 2 1/2 to 3 percent. You really should write your content for Google as you will get more traffic from Google than any other search engine.

Write naturally as you speak. You want your content to be something a person would like to read. Ask yourself a very important question. Does your Hub Page give information that you would find helpful if you were looking for information on that particular subject. Keep your content on topic.

With 1200 words and key word density at 2 1/2 to 3 percent you should get good search results eventually. It will get picked up and found by Google quickly. But there are two things you can do to help the situation of Google finding your new Hub Pages faster. One is submit your Hub Pages one at a time to Social Monkee each day as a free member. They say you get 25 back links daily for free. You will find a link to Social Monkee on my profile page. Join as a free member and see what happens.

The other thing you can do is to submit one article to http://ezinearticles.com daily. Make sure your article is well written and between 400 - 600 words. It needs to be a unique article and you need to check it for misspelled words and grammar. You can use the web site Paper Rater located at http://www.paperrater.com/ to check your work.

The article you write needs to be about the same topic or niche as the Hub Page you just made. Down near the bottom of the article make a word or two into links linking to an on topic Hub Page of yours. You can put the link to the Hub Page you just made in your resource box. When you first start submitting articles it will take longer for them to be approved than later after they get to know your work and know that your going to be submitting well written articles.

I know everyone will tell you that you can't make links in the body of the article but you can and people will click them. I get good to great traffic from links at ezinearticles.

There are a lot of places where you can build sites or add pages and point links back to your Hub Pages. Check out the sites in the photo below for a lot of places you can build sites or submit articles.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5654145_f248.jpg

Some very important things you need to keep in mind are.

1. Do your research and jot down notes so that when you get ready to write your Hub Page that you can write like you know what you are talking about.

2. Aim for 1200 or more words on each Hub Page. Break it up into sections to make it read better.

3. Check your key word density.

4. Check your writing through the paper rater site.

5. Bold your sub titles.

6. Build back links to your new Hub Pages.

7. Build sites or add articles at other locations around the web and link back to your Hub Pages.

I hope this tutorial will help you and that you'll find some information here that will help everyone.

As Crazyhorsesghost I have been writing here for over four years now. I write at many other places around the web and though I am not now doing adult I was once a whale at adult marketing averaging over $1000 a day. I plan to really push my presence here at Hub Pages in the next year and try to bring my daily Hub Page Income up to over $100 a day. I am now in the $30 to $40 a day range and I did this basically part time so anyone can do it. But it will take hard work, research, and sticking to it. You can't write ten Hub Pages and expect to make big money. It's just not going to happen. I enjoy helping other people and I will be back with more tutorials on various subjects. I hope everyone finds something useful here and I hope you have a nice day.

If you have questions feel free to ask and I will be back often.

1. David 470 profile image79
      David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think 1200 word hubs are good, but are not required. In fact, I have written 250 word hubs and got 2000 views over night. I targeted extreme sub niches.

You say you make $30-$40 dollars a day? That is basically my goal. I made 300 dollars last month and will likely beat last month with October's income.

One thing I need to work on is getting backlinks for health related niches. I know I could get a lot more traffic for them if they were backlinked.

Some niches I find, simply do not need backlinks though, as they naturally get them from other viewers/readers.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is really helpful for me, I'm a writer but I'm not an SEO expert or marketeer. So, thanks. smile

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the useful information. I will try your techniques.

crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your very welcome. Thanks for the reply.

3. kmackey32 profile image63
      kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should write a hub on this.

2. HikeGuy profile image71
    HikeGuyposted 12 years ago

Thanks for this detailed tutorial and all the resources. I've concentrated on upfront-pay articles and now I want to expand my rev share adventure. This is excellent!

Trent

3. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Wow! Was this concise and helpful! I greatly appreciate it.  I have been here trying to learn. It is from experts such as you that we all grow. Sharing your knowledge and expertise is invaluable.

I am excited about the new eBay program and have been thrilled with the HP management agressiveness in guiding us toward more quality hubs.

I am hanging on every word you wrote - thank you very much!

Thanks to all of you for the replies. I appreciate it. You can try shorter hubs but I have had the most success with hubs of 1200 words or more.

I will be back with more. Again thanks for the replies.

4. robyna profile image61
    robynaposted 12 years ago

This is great information!! You should make it into a hub. wink  The only thing I really do different is pick more long tail keywords with less competition. But it might be worth my own experimenting with picking higher search volume keywords and see how they do for me.

Thanks! I love learning from the wisdom of others. $100 a day is also my goal.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image70

Thanks for the comment. I do appreciate it.

5. David 470 profile image79
    David 470posted 12 years ago

crazyhorsesghost,

I see that you have over 1000 hubs! That is amazing! I would love to have that many one day.

Thanks.It was not easy to get to that point. I hope to add a lot in the next year.

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Bless you for sharing such clear, step-by-step instructions!
    This is really helpful for hubbers at any stage of their hubbing career!
    "Passive" income does require some up-front action (and like a garden, some ongoing attention).
    Thanks so much for sharing the secrets to YOUR success, CHG.
    If this was a HUB I would vote up and AWESOME!!
    smile

1. The Reminder profile image76
      The Reminderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a question that one might answer me here. I have looked around lots of topics and still did not found my answer that is yet simple. Can I use this link for my referral tracker? www.hubpages.com/_(referral tracker name here).
      If someone signs under it will it work? Will I get the referral?

Thanks in advance

7. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Thanks for this - I have to go through my hubs one by one to find the source of my October 13 plunge. I'm going to try the keyword density checking websites to see if that is the cause of the problem...

Thanks again!

Your very welcome and thank you for the reply.

1. lobobrandon profile image87
        lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow! you could create a hub about it smile
        Thanks

8. wanzulfikri profile image58
    wanzulfikriposted 12 years ago

Nice info!

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

Very good info for what is provided, Im surprised this hasnt been made into a Hub rather than posted into the forums.

I posted this one and I plan to post more tutorials in the forums. I hope they help someone. Thanks for the replies.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image70

I thought that here in the forums would be the place for it so that it could hopefully help especially new comers to Hub Pages.

1. homesteadbound profile image82
        homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As a new hubber, I did not spend much time in the forums. And in my discussion with other new hubbers, I find that to be true. Some never go to the forums.
        And when i searched for a topic, trying to learn about it, I would only look at the hubs, not at the forums.  Just my two cents.

10. GClark profile image68
    GClarkposted 12 years ago

Thank you for the great info.  I thought I knew a lot but this added a great deal to my current knowledge.  Very useful!

Thanks much. I hope it helps someone.

11. magodis profile image65
    magodisposted 12 years ago

this is a very good hub thank you very much for sharing this.

12. bangingbeauty profile image57
    bangingbeautyposted 12 years ago

Hi crazyhorsesghost, these are some great tips! I have heard about SocialMonkee but never gotten around to using it. Your post has motivated me to register for an account and submit my articles.

Thanks for this great forum post. I'm sure other writers will appreciate your tips as well. Cheers, BB

13. charliegrumples profile image40
    charliegrumplesposted 12 years ago

Out of curiosity .. those who say they are making $30-$40 a day etc .. is this purely adsense or using the HP ad programme?

You will find it happening in both instances. I am usually above $30 every day with the Hub Page Ads Program and I have even had the rare $200.00 day. It is all about the content. And how you promote it.

I have had Hub Pages that got 100.000 plus views in one day though this was rare. But it has happened and I will get it to happen again.

If you want to make money you'll have to promote, do back links, think outside the box and come up with unique ideals.

14. Gail Meyers profile image64
    Gail Meyersposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the concise and useful information!

Your very welcome. Thanks for the reply.

15. gamergirl profile image88
    gamergirlposted 12 years ago

You should totally put this information into a Hub, so you can make money off of it too.  ;-)

16. GoGreenTips profile image61
    GoGreenTipsposted 12 years ago

Great information...As a newcomer always like to see information like this. Since starting i have found more useful information here on hubpages in just a couple of months than I did the previous 8 months.
    Went to your profile and saw the link for socialmonkey...is this effective and will it hurt my sites with this Panda thing?

Again thanks for all the information...Oh where can I get a bigger copy of the picture of all the sites that I can make back-links from?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)