Amazon Sales Hub -- first real attempt

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Abbasangel profile image65
    Abbasangelposted 13 years ago

I wrote a hub about baits for fishing in Gippsland

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-best-buys-f … ias-fishes

I had 16 hits within the first day and no comments, but I would like to know if this is how you do it...

I have read a ton on writing them however doubts arise questioning if I have done it correctly

I would love some feed back...

1. bigocean profile image70
      bigoceanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello,
        I would like to know what country you're talking about and the fishing location you're discussing.  I would have add more information about fishing before I started selling items. Is Gippsland really a place??? I have no clue about it. I think the layout looks fine.

Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gippsland is a region in Victoria Australia.... The link at the bottom of the page to Kilcunda and Powlett river give more information, but thanks for the advice, I will fix up the location better!! Thanks for your feed back!! smile

2. AirportCS profile image58
    AirportCSposted 13 years ago

I have posted a comment in your Hub. I have posted my first hub but I think picture makes it look better. Because now a days people likes pictures and videos than writings..... I would like you to tell me how do I make myself better because you have posted 29 HUBs in 7 weeks and you have 36 followers, whereas I have 1 hub and no followers sad

http://hubpages.com/hub/Facilities-Meri … -In-London

It took a while to get followers however followers who are interested in Australia or have lived near or around the regions I wrote about in my things to do hubs are how I attracted most of my followers, I got some through my forum talk and others through my religious hubs...

You look like you are very new here... and followers isn't the be all and end because in the end its unlikely that they will buy my things.. or click on ads... You need search engine traffic for that.

I really appreciated your comment and responded on my hub as well! Thanks for taking the time to read it!

Just checked out your hub and its all pictures, which can make it difficult to get search engine traffic as the spider bots don't know what they are reading because there is very little to read and they don't see the screen to read, so I would also write about something in a text box...

Also if you write informative peices about airport parking vs taking a shuttle -- security vs security and price etc...

You have what is called a niche topic and you could also write funny stories about getting to the airport dramas and linking to this hub... You will get hub followers by attracting them with what interests them, good writing and that is about all...

3. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

Firstly I know nothing about fishing, but the hub looks good. Some one with more expertise might be able to offer advice on tweaking the layout.

It might be worth thinking about and researching titles and URL's for hubs.

If you want search engine traffic then I think the title needs to reflect what people will type into a search engine to read about the subject. There is information about this on the site possibly on the learning center (bottom of the page) or help button (top of the page). Some of the Hubber's here write hubs about How to Hub which relate to titles and URL's.

Hope this is helpful.

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I don't think informational and sales hub mix too well - you really want to be one or the other.
    The focus of your hub seems to be on fishing in your area of Australia and how to catch the types of fish caught there.
    This will give you limited scope for sales, unless they happen to be Australian fishermen.
    Your sales hubs focus on the product, not the area, types of fish nor how to catch them. A sales hubs assume the reader already knows all those things, but now want to buy the products, therefore what you write will be orientated towards what the product actually offers the buyer, if you see the difference.

Thanks Izzy!!! I see that is a good difference!! Thanks heaps!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)