There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.
When asked to define great, he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"
He now works for Microsoft writing error messages.
The following are new Error Messages are planned for Windows 2000:
1) Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.
2) Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue.
3) Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
4) Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
5) Press Ctrl-Alt-Del now for IQ test.
6) Close your eyes and press escape three times.
7) Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.
8) This will end your Windows session. Do you want to play another game?
9) Windows message: "You have just made a type mismatch! Shall I format your brain?"
10) This is a message from God: "Rebooting the universe, please log off."
11) Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.
12) BREAKFAST.SYS halted... Cereal port not responding.
13) COFFEE.SYS missing... Insert cup and press any key.
14) CONGRESS.SYS corrupted... Re-boot Washington D.C? (Y/N)
15) File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
16) Bad or missing mouse driver. Spank the cat? (Y/N)
17) Runtime Error 6D at 417
A:32CF: Incompetent User.
18) Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)
19) WinErr 547: LPT1 not found... Use backup... PENCIL & PAPER.
20) User Error: Replace user.
21) Windows VirusScan
1.0 - "OS/2 found: Remove it? (Y/Y)"
22) Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic.
by Bonnie Ramsey 10 years ago
I came across this hub and almost fell out from shock! Is stuff like this really allowed on HP or should it be flagged a hundred time to get it off quicker?http://hubpages.com/hub/SHIT---3-Main-Categories
by IzzyM 7 years ago
The Woman Marine Pilot The teacher gave her fifth grade class an assignment: Get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it. The next day, the kids came back and told their stories. There were all the regular types of stuff: Spilled milk and pennies saved. But then the teacher...
by Cory Zacharia 10 years ago
Hi Everyone,Trying to start a new hub, and filled in the info, including the address, and every time I hit "Continue" up comes a blank form... Is it me? Or is anyone else experiencing planetary interference :-)Best Regards,Cory
by Terrie Lynn 13 months ago
Hi, everyone you might want to check the internet for your work. I've now found 3 of my articles on Facebook sites, Pinterest and on a blog site. I am not sure I can post the name here. They seem to have stolen a few articles I have read on here. If you have medical or heal dove pages some have...
by Deborah Brooks Langford 11 months ago
I just found out that I have MILD FATTY LIVER.. Need to know if anyone else has it and what to eat.Can anyone tell me What to eat and drink or what to stay away from if I have Mild Fatty Liver.. and what causes it?.. I know I must stay away from alcohol that it is very harmful. ...
by somethgblue 5 years ago
Can anyone tell me what recent changes Hub Pages have made that would change my traffic results?Recently my page views dropped from an average of 800 a day to less than 200, can anyone explain why? For three to four months my traffic was steadily rising and topped off at about 5,000 a week and then...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|