jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Motivation -

1. salt profile image72
    saltposted 6 years ago

After a great christmas, with beaches and swimming and sun and food, writing and writing... suddenly the body has slowed, the writing feels difficult like an uphill bicycle ride and Im getting myself back into a flow before I can forget what it was that stopped the flow.. oh yes, I remember now, not being able to get the video capsule to work.. maybe today it will work!!!

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Good luck getting yourself back on track. I'm sure you'll get back to where you were. I have faith in you. smile big_smile

1. salt profile image72
      saltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thanks cagsil, good to see you up and writing!and thankyou I appreciate

smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile big_smile wink

3. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

My motivation went down in flames last week. But I’m hoping for a turnaround.

4. salt profile image72
    saltposted 6 years ago

This is my rainbow photo, for when others have tried to tell me to do things their way, I had decided to chase rainbows instead. This is the rainbow I found!
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4527239_f248.jpg

5. Suzanne Day profile image98
    Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago

It's easy to deal with writer's block and demotivation:

1. Turn off computer and go out.
    2. Rinse and repeat for days or weeks until you can't wait to scribble something down on a scrap of paper and you get all excited about what you want to write.
    3. Write that scrap of paper and turn it into an article.
    4. Turn on computer and make hub.
    5. Rinse and repeat for every hub.

The time it takes to go through these steps gets smaller and smaller as you get more and more adept at it.

1. salt profile image72

thanks, Im muddlying through at the moment.!!!

1. Suzanne Day profile image98
        Suzanne Dayposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well I consider you almost an expert as you've had more time on Hubpages learning it than me! However, I do know about my own internet addiction which involves staring at a screen for days and not getting anything done.....that's when it's time to turn off the computer. Writing will come back to you, it always does. Your brain just needs a rest and wants to be creative, not pressured....

1. salt profile image72

Thanks, it has, oddly, when you just get in the swing of things, somethings seems not to work, like the video capsule the other day. I was working away, writing about the bushfires and floods and all the animals stuck in them and then couldnt load the videos. Maybe Ill make the effort and do so now!

And Hi suzanne, I note your the one with the meet up!

1. Suzanne Day profile image98
            Suzanne Dayposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yep, that's me! Sorry I couldn't travel around Oz and do one in every city....I'd like to do that when Adsense pays me heaps....it will have to wait until then!

1. salt profile image72

Maybe I will, maybe I can make a Sydney meet up and Marisa would be there!!! It could be a tax deduction!!!

1. salt profile image72

make it a meeting !

6. Suzanne Day profile image98
    Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago

Tax deduction great idea!!!

working