jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

"The Server Is Not Responding As Expected"

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I got that message last night when trying to upload a photo to improve a hub.  It's the next morning now, and I got the same message trying to upload a photo.  I'm using XP and Chrome, but I have no idea if that is even relevant.  Of course I'm working on new hubs, but I can't upload photos, I can only import photos.  I'm going to shut down Chrome and see if Firefox and uploading treats me any different.  Is this a Hubpages issue?  Or is this a Chrome issue?

I asked a question about this in the "answers" section, but I know that some more tenured users hang out in the forums.  Someone please let me know any relevant solutions, or if it's just something going on that is out of my control.  Thanks.

2. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

Sounds like my ex !   I seem to have had loads of trouble uploading etc. from China - I came to the conclusion that it was the long time delays causing the probs, and it does work better at that in-between time wheen everyone here is gone to bed and the US has not flooded the net yet.

Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

hehe!  It's too early (in Texas) for the net to be flooded, I'm sometimes working on hubs at any or every hour.  I don't have a set schedule, but I've never had this problem except for withing the past 12 hours.

3. Pandoras Box profile image68
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

I've had trouble uploading images to HP from time to time, but usually if I give up for a bit and come back later that does the trick.

Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hope you're right.  What I'm actually doing . . . .well, I've figured out that I can just import the silly things from the place I got them in the first place. :-D

working