jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

General CTR question

1. AMSpace profile image67
    AMSpaceposted 6 years ago

I've read that Google may consider high CTRs as evidence of click fraud. Naturally, CTR fluctuates and I wondered whether anyone here has any experience of legitimate traffic having been considered click fraud by Google.

Thanks.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you have channels set up for specific hubs OR do you have your Adsense linked to Analytics? If you could spot which hub the clicks are coming from, that could provide some answers.

Also, it might be an idea to be careful about revealing CTR - it's against Adsense TOS.

AMSpaceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do not have Adsense linked with Analytics yet - I'm relatively new to it and haven't yet got it set up. I'll certainly look into it.

Thanks for advice on CTR. Although I didn't reveal my CTR, I've rephrased my question as a general query.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have experienced high CTRs on certain days and it looked like someone deliberately clicked on my ads repeatedly, but Google didn't close my account.

And like WryLilt said, you are not allowed to reveal your CTRs. Clicks might not get you banned but revealing this info can. I would suggest you to edit your post ASAP.

Thanks for your reply, Ultimate Hubber.

I've edited my original post to ask a more general question, despite not revealing my exact CTR in the first place.

2. AlanSwenson profile image80
    AlanSwensonposted 6 years ago

I think generally google knows more about detecting fraud then just a high percentage.  If you are not committing fraud or breaking TOS don't worry about it.  Certain topics just have higher click through than others.

Thanks Alan. I'm relatively new at this, but am learning as I go.

working