AdSense / Analytics Question

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 13 years ago

What's the longest time it should take Analytics to update with AdSense data?

I noticed something odd on my AdSense and am trying to figure it out but of course it is not showing in Analytics.

2. shibashake profile image83
    shibashakeposted 13 years ago

In my experience, today's AdSense data appears tomorrow on Analytics.

1. sportyfunster profile image69
      sportyfunsterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are indeed correct. It is not real time and the data is off by one day.

3. easyspeak profile image68
    easyspeakposted 13 years ago

not necessarily.  you just have to go to the calendar on google analytics and choose today's date and it'll give you data.

It lags behind adsense...but you can still get the current day's stats.

4. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 13 years ago

I was asking b/c I noticed someone had clicked ads 7 times on the same hub. My guess was they were fraudulent clicks but wanted to get some Analaytic stats to back it up. Yet it still is not showing.

I've had that happen before even though a week or so has gone by. Do clicks not always get transferred to Analytics?

5. gracenotes profile image88
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

N. Ramius,

You are correct.  Sometimes they never get transferred.  I had a rather high-paying click last month, but it never showed in Analytics, so unfortunately, I did not know which hub it was on.

If you look in some of the "Help" documentation on Analytics, you can find where they document one of several reasons that some clicks just won't make it into your Analytics statistics.

6. Super Chef profile image59
    Super Chefposted 13 years ago

N Ramius this also happened to me I had a rather high paying click on adsense but it wouldnt tell me where it came from on hub pages but when I clicked on keyword from the drop down list in Analytics I knew which hub it came from straight away. Hope this helps!!!

7. ns1209 profile image63
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

How do you find this information out in the UK analytics?

8. MyWebs profile image78
    MyWebsposted 13 years ago

Anyone care to write a hub on a topic related to this thread?
    how to integrate adsense data with google analytics

Or at least explain how its is done? I seem to remember GA bugging me and bugging me to do this, but I kept ignoring it. Now that I want to do it I can't figure out how. Figures. smile

1. Appletreedeals profile image67
      Appletreedealsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What GA?

not I says this GA

GA

9. Csjun89 profile image60
    Csjun89posted 13 years ago

I've found a few hours time lag, I think it has to do with google automatically double checking to see if the adsense click is a legitimate one

10. kev8 profile image59
    kev8posted 13 years ago

I have had a lot of problems integrating adsense with analytics as well. Hubpages hasnt really been much of a problem although it does take some time to come from my adsense account to my analytics account as mentioned in the comments above.

The biggest problem Ive had is getting it to work on my websites. I have posted all the code and followed all the instructions and Im still not getting any information about my google adsense on my sites.

I set up channels on my adsense account to get around it but that dosent give us as much detailed information as analytics does. From what I have read on forums etc its a technical issue that google need to solve.Anyone know anything about this??

11. brettb profile image62
    brettbposted 13 years ago

If you add analytics to a site that already has adsense on it you usually need to add a new bit of tracking code to the top of your page.

I've got 10 sites in there now, it works great.

1. suny51 profile image61
      suny51posted 13 years agoin reply to this

where should the tracking code(I assume that is your adsense code) be placed on analytics exactly.?I have 20 and they are showing nill

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)