jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Google Ad Sense

1. mslizzee profile image79
    mslizzeeposted 6 years ago

I need someone smarter than I to help me with Ad Sense. I went through the entire sign up thing, they gave me a code which I copied and then put into my website. BUT what then. I left me with a little box on my home page. I don't know what it is for, or what I am doing. Help, Lizzee

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There are different kinds of codes:

1) The AdSense publisher ID is used on HubPages, activated once and for all through the control panel;

2) HTML code for AdSense advertisements, these are manually generated through your account, then pasted into your blog or pages on your website.

Number 1 will not work on your website. Number 2 will not work on HubPages.

3. mslizzee profile image79
    mslizzeeposted 6 years ago

thank you, but huh? I should copy an add then take it to my website?????
    Lizzee

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I assume that we are talking about your own website, not HubPages.

You need to log into your AdSense account. From there, there are options to generate advertisements in different sizes, colors, and shapes. Once you have created an ad block, you will be provided with the HTML code to paste into your website.

mslizzeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thank you again. But I did all that. And Now I have this little block sitting on my website home page that says "HTML". I don't know what to do with it. I'm sorry to be so stupid, but I'm baffled.
        Lizzee
        your can see if here if you scroll down. It looks like my stat counter symbol.
        www.floweredevents.com

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You need to use an HTML editor (software) or the editing interface provided by your hosting provider to properly insert the code as HTML. You cannot simply paste it as text, or it will malfunction. That seems to be the problem here.

5. ThomasE profile image75
    ThomasEposted 6 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't put at adsense ad on this web site. You are using the website to promote your own products. I don't see why you would do all that work to promote your products... and then put a competitors ad on your space.

But if you want to do this, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYA1-TF_6FY

mslizzeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, That is fine advice and I shall follow it.
      Lizzee

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Being a webmaster requires a basic understanding of HTML. But your site seems to be template-based, so maybe there is something to discuss with whomever designed it.

working