jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Long articles

1. wizbitz profile image61
    wizbitzposted 6 years ago

Is it good to publish a long article with about 2600 words or publish it by parts, (part 1 and part 2)?
    Thanks!

1. visitmaniac profile image59
      visitmaniacposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Often times its better to put it in parts and link them together at the end of part 1 and beginning of part to and so on.  The reason for this is many people tend to get tired and skip over key parts of your article. It also creates more exposure for your articles.

If your topic you are writing about can be split into 2 main groups or more then go for it about 500-1000 words is a good base.

Remember to follow wink

wizbitzposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

2. profile image0
      ssaulposted 6 years agoin reply to this

yep, most of the times it is good to have it in parts! Too long articles tends to bore readers unless your long article is pretty interesting. smile

Thanks!

2. GmaGoldie profile image79
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Great question.  I have struggled with this one.  I need to split some of my articles.  Thank you for the encouragement to make my Hubs better.

^ ^ ,Thanks though!

3. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Some of my articles are as long as 3500 words and I NEVER Write less than 1200 words.  The skill is Writing Always FOR THE READER.. not yourself. In that way, you will realize the importance of original Quality, Engaging and Interesting Content is to the world and to the search engines!

Write Well and people will take the time to read your work, irrespective of the number of words! Another reason for that is that 7/10ths of the content on the web is Low Grade, poorly written and No Contest when up against Quality.

My longer articles actually have a reading/interest level of Twice the Site Average, according to the site stats!

Hope you gain some benefit from this... Welcome to HP btw.

Thanks, maybe I'll try to put it as one whole article and if it doesn't work out (the visitors wouldn't stay long to read the whole articles) then I'll put it by parts. Thanks!

working