jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

My Hub just wont pub

1. 6 String Veteran profile image73
    6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago

Here is the Hub in limbo: http://hubpages.com/hub/Sitting-or-Stan … our-Guitar I need someone to review it.

I got an 'overly promotional' warning and did as much re-linking as I could (of all my Hubs this one has the most links). 90% of the links are to other Hubs excluding my own. I'm sure once reviewed it'll be cleared / approved.

Thanks,

6SV

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think part of the problem is that you are directing the links to the same domain. That is usually what overly promotional means.

Example: if you have two links that go to the same hub and then have a RSS feed, that also lists the same hub, then it would be in violation.

If you have two or more links to say, your own profile from one hub, then it would also be considered over promotional.

That's about all I have for help. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful.

6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've re-linked the article so there are no dupe domains and have made other revisions but am still getting this warning: 'This hub is at risk of being identified as Overly Promotional for use of affiliate links...Overly Promotional: This Hub excessively promotes another site. This hub needs to be revised before it can be published.'

The hub is not promoting another site and has been revised. How can I submit it so that it can be looked over and (hopefully) approved?

2. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 6 years ago

sorry.. the Hub is no longer published..

may be it will take time to republish..

Thanks all, for your help.

Here's the prob: when I attempt to pub this Hub I get this recurring warning:

'This hub is at risk of being identified as Overly Promotional for use of affiliate links...This Hub excessively promotes another site. This hub needs to be revised before it can be published.'

I've made all the changes I can. 90% of the links go to other Hubs (there are no dupes); the remaining go to images. Short of deleting all links--which I'll do if it's a last resort but would like to be sure this wont happen again--what should be done next and how can this be prevented in the future?

It's been cleared up. Thanks everyone for your input.

The prob was: I had three links to a retail site--not my own, of course, but still not a good idea. I knew the site would have the images I wanted--it was a quick fix--but I know better now.

I appreciate HP's due diligence and am glad to say the temporarily stubbed Hub has now pubbed.

working