jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Applying for brighthub.com (writing sample)

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I would like to apply for brighthub.com today or very soon. However, I heard you need a writing sample. Can I show them one of my hubs that I wrote on hubpages and perhaps my profile itself?

1. Gina Coole profile image83
      Gina Cooleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Never heard of brighthub before.  I'm surprised they couldn't think of a more original name.  Anyone here had any experience there?  Interesting to know how you get on David!

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm one of the Content Editors over there and I also write for them. I think WryLilt writes there as well.

Their systems can be a bit difficult to figure out at first, but then it's easy to work with them. Most channels are some up-front pay and then RevShare.

2. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can use one of your hubs. I don't remember whether you can simply give them a link or whether you need to copy/paste it. It goes to the head office where they do a quick yes/no first before they pass it along to the Managing Editor of the channel for a final decision, so it could be a week or two before you hear anything back, btw.

Do you want me to look over what you're going to submit and do a quick edit job on it if needed? I'd be happy to help. If yes, just message me through my profile.

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure. smile I just made an account on brighthub, but have not applied for anything yet. I am not to familiar with this site yet, so I am going to check around.

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I also have some content at BrightHub and cant say the application process was at all difficult. Its been about a year since I had any involvement though.

and to the "original name" commenter - BrightHub has had the domain name since 1999, i suspect you felt it was similar to HubPages, but it would be the reverse.

1. writer83 profile image61
      writer83posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm registered there, but didn't send any content ! I just never get around to it. I thought that they pay $10 per article.

Yes, they pay $10 an article, but I heard they eventually pay 15 if they deem you a good writer or something on certain niches.

This might be a good site, hopefully it will be one that I will consistently write on like hubpages.

2. David 470 profile image86

Lol smile I guess hubpages got the idea for that name from brighthub?

working