jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Competitions

1. fayx24 profile image61
    fayx24posted 6 years ago

Hi! I just saw a forum about a competition for newbies, which I totally missed out on. Where can I find the competitions posted?

2. thranax profile image28
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

What competitions are you talking about? Lol the 30 HubChallenge?

~thranax~

3. fayx24 profile image61
    fayx24posted 6 years ago

Like the Hubnuggets Contest. I don't know, I thought there might be some kind of competitions. If not, that's fine, I just like the idea of being given a topic to write about.

4. 2uesday profile image84
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Hubbernuggets is for newbies, it is hubs that are selected from the ones published by new Hubbers, and then they are voted on. You do not need to do anything to enter.
    your Hubs for the Hubbernuggets.

When I had a hub selected, the first I knew about it was in an email I received, check your spam box as well as your main account, mine was delivered to that. I will post a link for you to read if I can find it.

Got it here it is - http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/69415

it is at the top of the forums page.

5. fayx24 profile image61
    fayx24posted 6 years ago

Thanks, 2uesday. I thought perhaps there might've been some competitions of the other kind...

6. 2uesday profile image84
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

From time to time HubPages do run competitions based around a theme but when they do you will see a 'big announcement' about it before hand.

There are weekly HubMob topics to write about, no prizes for this but is does help to get your hubs noticed and is a good 'writer's prompt' if you are looking for topics to write on.

Welcome and wishing you good luck with your writing here and elsewhere.

7. thranax profile image28
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Ah, you mean a competition for a reward. There has been a few before that give something small like $25 in google ads etc. Hubpages did hold a monthly competition before reviewed by large name bloggers and editors. But currently no, there are no real competitions.

If you have a good idea dont be afraid to suggest it on the forums in the suggestions area. If you really want to fly with the idea get in contact with some of the Hubbers elite that are the shakers of the community (the ones that make the biggest impacts on hubpages.) These include:

Patty Inglish, MS
    Zsuzsy Bee
    RedElf
    Princessa
    Shirley Anderson

Including myself, most of these people will help you determine if the idea is good, and doable. If so it still goes though the suggestions forums. So dont be afraid to suggest. 

“Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.”

Hope that helps,

~thranax~

8. fayx24 profile image61
    fayx24posted 6 years ago

Thanks so much for your comments. I guess I can just keep an eye out for any competitions that show up. I like the idea of running with a given topic, as I think it might help to expand my Hubs and writing experience.

Thanks again, you've been really helpful! smile

working