jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

+++ warning+++ Blackhole Exploit Kit

1. PhoenixV profile image81
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4762804_f248.jpg

Got this just now on a Hub Profile

1. oceansnsunsets profile image87
      oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I got the Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit warning too, just visiting a persons profile.  Oddly, I realized I wasn't even logged in yet, I had just gotten to hubpages.  This concerned me that anyone visiting the site could find this immediately. 

I feel fortunate that my security caught it.  I hope to be reassured soon that this will end, so that others don't consider this a site to avoid.  I know others have worked so hard as well to put a lot of original content here and hope this is the first and last time I deal with it.

I have not had all the others that I have heard about.  Just this Ex. Blackhole Exploit one.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image81
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

There's two other threads going on this already.  You may want to check this one out.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70100#post1526854

1. PhoenixV profile image81
      PhoenixVposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yea I got the same lil redirect last night while editing a hub as they are talking about. I Updated my antivirus just now, again and running a link checker now.

1. profile image0
        Multimanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is hte third virus I have heard reported today, another was worler, and a third which I did not write down, I just was attacked for the thrid time a few minutes ago.

3. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

There are no ads on profiles. What's up with that...?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image87
      oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I wonder that as well, paradigmsearch.  It was viewing a profile only, then it showed up.  I am confident the HP team will address and then share the answer with us so we don't have to be wondering if it will happen in the future, surely?

working