*WARNING* Trojan Virus detected in Ads on 2 Hubs while editing!

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (84 posts)
  1. Aware1 profile image59
    Aware1posted 13 years ago

I've just been editing the layout of my hubs and have received 2 warnings on 2 seperate hubs from my anti-virus. It stated there was a Trogan Virus attempting to download onto my computer, tho it was blocked..

See Below.

12/03/2011 06:34:33    Firefox    Detected: Trojan.JS.Iframe.rr        http:  /worler.com/adserver/display.cfm/731/1534/45613/j/cd/?pbnt=515a4dg%EF%BF%BDt=481643&imprx=20225339       

Says it is from "wooler.com/adserver"

EDIT: This would be 9:34pm(9 hours difference) California time, should HP have sheduled times for ads to point this adserver out.

1. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This may be unrelated but I figured best place to chime in. I've been getting a missing plugin message on firefox while viewing hubs but only when that annoying cartbusters krogers crap is up,which I hate. When you click to install a plugin it says no plugin available for this.

It's funny stuff happening of that nature that will drive traffic away as everyone is always on the watch for things that mess with their computer and will not go near it. Cause of recent traffic drops? Could be!

1. PhoenixV profile image64
        PhoenixVposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exact same thing happened to me. Missing plugin and a redirect, I figured it was the worler thingy.

1. profile image0
          BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This coupled with Googles changes is killing every last bit of progress I have made here. Got to say even in last couple days Ive had Hubs that went back to page 1 drop back to page 3 again and I can't help but think it's because of this. I'm really considering moving my work elsewhere.

1. recommend1 profile image61
            recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My guess is that else-where generally is in much the same state- best to hold in there and wait - it is in Hubpages interest to sort this out quickly.  Someone further up this thread pointed out that Squidoo was hit in the same way a while back so it is not a specific hubpages incident.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You're the second person who has said this in the last week? Hmmm... hmm

3. Aware1 profile image59

I hope it gets sorted.. Unfortunately I do not know what type of ad it was. I thought it was adense, but I have not been looking at the difference between Hubpages new ads and adsense.

Maybe Hubpages will know by the timing of the ad unit? I am in the UK so, I believe maybe it was around 8 hours earlier HP time.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, it is 6 hours difference between you and me, then it is also 3 hours difference between Hubpages and me. So you would be close on the time. wink

1. ezhang profile image82
        ezhangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've reported the issue to the team. Thanks for providing the detailed alert information.

4. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I  just got a warning on my anti-virus about a Trojan, while I was trying to view my hubs to check them for the site updates. Not sure if it was to do with an ad. as I had not clicked any, but I do not understand how these things work anyway. Not sure of the time but it was in the last 45 mins.

Think I might run a scan just to be sure everything is OK, I am not too good on the technical side of things.

5. Aware1 profile image59

Thank you for reporting it.

Just an update. Even tho my anti-virus said that this virus was blocked. It did get into my computer. I had 2 Trojan virus'and 3 Phishing URL virus' enter. I did not click in any ad. This virus just appeared.

Just so everyone is aware!

1. ellahall2011 profile image61
      ellahall2011posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing.

6. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Have you told the HP team?  (team@hubpages.com)

Aware1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I reported it here. One of the HP staff has seen this thread and reported it to the team.

Thank you

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

HTML:IFrame-JS [Trj] is a detection for a trojan that injects itself as an IFrame on webpages. This infection will lead to malicious actions such as browser redirection and downloading of other web-based malware and backdoor trojan on to the computer. Since the infected files are located on the remote server, a webpage itself, HTML:IFrame-JS [Trj] can only be cleaned by the web authors. Though, visitors of that website can be infected, they can also avoid being compromised by not executing prompts and closing a redirected website. Presence of updated antivirus and security programs can also prevent infections from HTML:IFrame-JS [Trj].
    Damage Level: LOW

http://www.precisesecurity.com/trojan/h … me-js-trj/

Thank you, Izzy!

The emphasis on LOW threat level is comforting...

8. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

I haven't seen that warning from my own virus protection, but I heard about it from one of my friends. This could be a real threat to HP, as people will rightfully block the site if it carries viruses.

I hope this is attended to immediately.

9. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

It would appear this is a result of the new ad program to be rolled out in June that Hubpages is promoting at the moment. You obviously have these new ads being shown on your hubs

If I was visiting a Hubpage and got that warning pop up, then I would leave promptly. Also, Google will mark the site as unsafe in the serps.

Is it just me or is someone else hearing the alarm bells going off, too!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not just you, Terry!

From what I have read about this virus it is a new threat only detected today, but a member of staff is already working on it. What I find disturbing is that 2uesday reported a similar incident 2 hours AFTER the team were informed.

2. Aware1 profile image59

Yep, it is rather alarming and the last thing HP needs at this time (or any time really).

Visitors can very well be getting a warning upon entering articles, and yes, google can flag HP as "this site may be comprimised". NOT GOOD!

The fact that people have the power to block any site from appearing in there search results (permanently) now puts much more pressure on sites.

10. DondaJewel profile image59
    DondaJewelposted 13 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I was rather upset and quickly shut the program down. Luckily my Avast maleware protection caught it. I feel violated by the new program ads that appeared during the abduction encounter.

11. TerryGl profile image57

Just as a quick note, if anyone ever suffers such a virus I suggest you go to Malwarebytes dot com. They have a free download of software to scan your computer and remove such infections.

I have used it quite successfully in getting rid of one or two nasties in the past. Easy to follow instructions and great to have to manually scan your computer once a week.

1. DondaJewel profile image59
      DondaJewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you TerrytGI ... ever get that feeling something its time to move on when infections start to occur?

1. TerryGl profile image57
        TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny you say that. I am copying and pasting my hubs to a master text file as we speak.

2. Aware1 profile image59

Thank you Terry! Will check it out if my cleaner does not clear it completely!.

3. DaNoblest profile image62
      DaNoblestposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second the Malwarebytes suggestion.

12. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Signed into HP this morning and I got the same Virus warning. My anti-virus program says it was trying to download on my computer, but was "denied."

Michael, you may want to run a scan of your computer. This warning TWICE said that it was denied download by my anti-virus software. BUT, I ran a scan and had TWO Trogan Virus' and 3 Phishing URL virus'.

AND it fragmented my computer. I had run a computer maintenece check and noticed this virus fragged and nocked out 32 drivers on my computer...

Please scan you computer.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One thing about the anti-virus program I have is it is always running a scan in the background. It immediately detects anything suspicious, even if it is not a true virus.

whew... that is sweet! Happy to hear. I'm actually upgrading my anti-virus today once I have completely cleaned my computer.

13. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

TerryGI, why are you copying and pasting all of your hubs? I began doing that before as back up but it was taking ages..I really should keep a back up though

14. FaithDream profile image79
    FaithDreamposted 13 years ago

I received that same warning last night while I was working on my hubs. It was blocked, but then my system froze up. I had to exit out of hubpages a couple of times. I ran a system check and it didn't find anything. Is there a way we can tell if there are bugs on our pages? Or is this something hubpages is doing to secure the system?

15. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I just got the same thing:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4760747_f248.jpg

It says:

Network traffic from worler.com matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE.

And

Network traffic from worler.com/stats_js_e.php?id=20225339 matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE.

The severity was rated as HIGH.

Attacking computer is: worler.com (221.124.113.160, 80)

16. TerryGl profile image57

If anyone does a search for worler dot com do not under any circumstances click on the links as your computer will get infected.

This virus changes files on your computer and if you work on your own sites, such as html or Wordpress, you will infect them.

Like I said before, download Malwarebytes and run it. Just because your virus program says it has blocked the threat, you will still need to do it.

I wrote a hub on the eval virus and to this day is receiving a lot of traffic. If you get a virus it is a very extreme hard "fix".

http://hubpages.com/stats/graph/new_hub.php?a=1359033

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm downloading it now. Thanks Terry.

1. TerryGl profile image57
        TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Irohner, I don't really want to ruin your day completely but you need to look at this:
        http://www.google.com.au/search?q=The+a … 0&sa=N

There is quite a lot of talk about this virus and the fix for it is huge but seems to work. Techguy is the master on all things virus and I recommend you visit that link first.

1. lrohner profile image68
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cr*p. And I'm on a brand new laptop less than one week old.

I got hit with that when I visited a hub logged out -- not when I was logged in to HP. Isn't that bizarre?

17. Keith Worth profile image60
    Keith Worthposted 13 years ago

While viewing a Hub just a couple hours ago I got an AVG(my anti-virus, I alternate scanning the computer with it and Malware bytes) alert that a virus was trying to access my computer from the domain.

I didn't think to screen-shot it or really take notice of the details at the time, just closed the alert and had to attend to matters away from the keyboard.

18. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 13 years ago

I just ran a scan and had three threats on my computer.  I NEVER have anything on my scans and I run them often.

19. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

I have just decided not to open any hubs for any reason, including my own until this is fixed. 

The complex procedure to remove this virus is beyond!  I guess that the virus programmes etc will get to grips with it soon and include the defence for it in an update.

I also guess that Hubpages will get it stopped at their end - see you after that guys - BBFN

20. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Hell of a thread. I've stopped all hub editing. Am getting Malwarebytes immediately.

21. TerryGl profile image57

Just a quick search for Yieldbuild (which Hubpages is) for virus brings the following up:
    http://blog.yieldbuild.com/category/uncategorized/

Seems the problem is well known back to 14 December 2010.

Here's a quick quote:

"The preferred vehicles for these annoyances are actually banner ads (though they can also load via e-mail or pop-ups) that do not require a click to initiate downloads. Instead,  the user’s browser tries to (and thinks it is!) load an advertisement but is in fact already downloading malware onto the computer."

1. DondaJewel profile image59
      DondaJewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ouch..... I'm going in. These things can be deadly to ones hard drive.

The inexperienced are in for a licking to go with the slap. These malware can be a b;;;; to get off a PC even for the tech savvy hope we can help those who get infected someone start a thread for redirect for the free malware downloads. Theres plenty of crap that will get them in more trouble , What a nightmare.

22. theherbivorehippi profile image65

And how exactly are we suppose to know when it's safe to "fix" our hubs again?

23. FaithDream profile image79

I just got hit again when I logged on 10 minutes ago. I'm getting nervous.

24. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I've been hit 4 times today!  Just ran a system scan, my computer is protected with no active threats.  But, d@mn!  This is crazy!!

1. profile image0
      Multimanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just got hit with woler, and when i tgried to the back button on IE I got another one, norton says they stopped both, the second one was NOT worler but anotehr one, and norton rated the threat level as HIGH, so until I get an email from Hubpages, as soon as I email them with the info on this and the website on hubs that I was attacked on, I am out of here.

25. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Not sure if this indicates anything but......I just went to a hub page and the ads quickly loaded except the big one at the top right under profile. It was slower to load.
    When it finally loaded and it was an animated ad.....My anti-virus immediately showed a Warning and then denied it.

Not sure who was the source of the Ad, but the specific ad was the Mormon.org. I am wondering if this is an Adsense Ad or one of the new ones in the new program? I didn't check properties over it since I was not going to risk an infection.

26. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

I just logged on a few minutes ago and AVG came up and said the threat was blocked.  Something to do with Firefox, but I got out of there quickly.  It came up when I accessed Hubpages thru the weekly newsletter link and tried to logon.

27. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I have been editing hubs for most of the day and had read this thread earlier today.   I ran Spybot and all appeared ok.

I continued editing and when I got into one hub it immediately popped up trying open Java, and I started getting all kinds of warnings popping up about a virus.  I quickly tried to run Spybot and Malware programs. It had blocked them.  I tried to get to my control panel and it blocked it too. It took over my wallpaper and replaced it with a badly spelled message about needing to clean up my computer.   I found another way to get to the control panel and as soon as I got in it immediately rebooted my computer. 

Luckily, my husband was persistent and was finally able to restore my computer to yesterday and I've since run all virus programs and done some additional cleaning.  I'm not planning on doing any more editing for a few days.

28. Cagsil profile image71

The below message is what AVG Surf-Shield came up with when I went to Patty English's Hub.

The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

The threat was blocked.

That was in one box. Threat Detected came up in a separate box.

What was in that box was the file name - mld1.co.cc/index.php?tp=7903472c292fded4

Threat name- Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit(type1889)

The present ads at the time of the threat- came from www dot art dot com/photostoart?=idcore9 and www dot art dot com/asp/landing/saturdayeveningpost?=idcore9 , and javascript:adclicked (clicklinevarname4478305872)

It didn't make through my virus shield.

29. DaNoblest profile image62
    DaNoblestposted 13 years ago

The real huge irony in all of this is this forum topic shows up first for a search of "virus in ads" withing the last 24 hours and is second for the past week.

I use firefox as well and updated it within the last day or 2. I have been seeing many unloaded ads recently but no alerts. Update your browser to the newest version if you haven't already that might help.

1. profile image0
      Multimanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please note while downloading updates to yur browsers that most of you clients are using IE web browser and will probably not like the things that they are getting in their virus checker screens.

2. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@DaNoblest, I observed that over the weekend and my firefox 4 updated version and Chrome blocked certain ads layout from appearing on hubs but on other browsers like IE the threats were evident and scary. Good enough HubPages Team are tackling the issue and it seem to have been taken care of already since over 48hrs ago witnessed.

30. TerryGl profile image57

Like I said, this is Kontera all over again but worse.

Its Sunday here in Australia, so Saturday in the US. That means another day before someone gets back to their 9 to 5 and have a quick look at this.

Only in America does a business run like that. A multi million dollar site and not one of the heads can pop in here and appease our (the members who make this work) concerns!

Where's Maddie, where's Paul or where's Ren?

A huge thread based on an important issue and nothing. There you go, is it just me, or am I not seeing the big picture here?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  31. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 13 years ago

my avg is warning me too--there is a problem administration--there is a problem

32. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 13 years ago

I got an alert from AVG on one white tail deer hub.

33. TerryGl profile image57

18 hours ago.

I had a virus on a Wordpress blog. It was gone in a few minutes of me being notified.

I didn't take the weekend off to go sailing on San Fransisco Bay.

17 minutes ago.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's possible they are too busy working on it to post in every single thread about viruses...

1. lightning john profile image59
        lightning johnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My Hp lptp just made a very loud sound.  Saying Trojan detected and knocked out, really weird!

34. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

Norton alert from the keeping the toilet lid down Hub at 8:11 A.M. ET.

35. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

Me too, but my computer blocked it. I read up on the new advertisers being promoted by HP ( have not yet signed up for the new program, taking a wait and see attitude) and saw where on ad program, Tribal Fusion or Tribal something has a lot of complaints about being troublesome what with viruses etc. ?

36. theherbivorehippi profile image65

I would love to edit my hubs today since I have time....if someone would fix this out there in Hubland...would be great.  Won't have time to get to them again until next weekend......  slightly aggravated.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Are you using Firefox..have you got the latest edition? I would like to know if anybody has issues with this using another browser. I think Mark Ewbie said he had a warning while using IE, so try using Chrome? As you say, time is limited to get essential updating done.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I switched over to Chrome three hours ago and haven't had a problem since.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Thanks for letting us all know, Sally. Bumping this in case anyone else is still having issues.

37. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Izzy, I'm pretty ignorant about viruses and such, but:

I use FF (3.6.15) and Security Essentials.  I looked at probably 200 hubs yesterday and 20 or 30 profiles.  The only problem I found was some popup wanting me to install more java to work right.

After all the fuss I did a full scan with MSE and found only 3 adware files that were all several days old at least.  No real attacks.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Now then that is interesting. rmr said on this other thread ( http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70119#post1528392 ) that he is getting missing plugins messages which ties in with your java warnings. Chances are your version is safe.
      Everyone should go update their Firefox, or switch browsers until this is fixed.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is exactly what I'm getting, and like rmr I didn't take any chances and did not load the plugin.  It seemed to be to view an ad (which I'm not real interested in!).  Maybe I'll do it in a couple of weeks when this is all over.

2. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had exactly the same thing happen.
      Same browser as well.

38. FaithDream profile image79

I'm good today. I ran full system scan and everything checked out fine. I also checked a couple of my more recent hubs and they look good too. I use Internet Explorer & everything seems to be working well today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

39. Keith Worth profile image60
    Keith Worthposted 13 years ago

I hate to draw more attention to this by bumping it but the subject really needs to be addressed before this becomes some kind of cyber panic.

I've continued on, business as usual, for the last few days despite being fully aware of this thread and the problem. During this time I've read several hubs, made comments, published and edited hubs. Once, and only once, did I have a problem (it was the same one described verbatim about the AVG warning and a known exploit) while running Firefox(most recent update). Since then I've ran both Malware Bytes and the AVG scan once a day (never do this at the same time, that's actually counter-productive) with no infections resulting. If you have up to date virus protection - which anyone even remotely computer literate should - and an up to date internet browser - see previous hyphened note - then you should be fine. If you don't have either of the above, AVG has a free version that is better than most paid services (Norton and McAfee, looking at you two space-hogs here) and most browsers prompt you to update them upon opening them so you'd have to actively try to be outdated with them. Yes, it may have an impact on our traffic by scaring off a few people, but if you jump ship then you'll be getting no traffic from here anyway so it's a moot point.

As for the constantly referenced Google changes, by now anyone who has been on the web for a minute should be used to such things. Google has to rework their rankings ever so often due to spammers and others who have "figured out the system" exploiting it to farm content. A lot of such exploiters were here on HubPages and HP has responded to the changes in Google by making it harder to spam or otherwise exploit the system. Once the changes distinguish it from the "content farms", affiliate scams and other spam, it will rise in the ranks again. Then new exploits will rise and the system will repeat, it's the economics of the internet.

To summarize a very long post: the virus situation will be dealt with. Traffic will stabilize soon and the Hubbers' life will continue. Then in a couple of years I'll probably be copying and pasting this again when Google conducts another re-rank. And still the Hublife will go on. Now I'm off to edit some hubs and see if I have the energy to post another one before bed.

1. FaithDream profile image79
      FaithDreamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Keith. Your thoughts are not only encouraging but true. We run scared when this type of thing happens and I look forward to HP's address to this.

I admit I was intimidated when I saw the pop ups appear. Luckily I was not infected. With anything new, bugs have to be worked out.

Over the last 24 hours I have not had any more issues, so I'm hoping this has been removed.

40. Cagsil profile image71

I have been on and off hubs all day today and haven't had any problems whatsoever. I'm running Firefox, like many others. I ran into the problem as I stated earlier in this thread, but since then, nothing. wink

41. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Yep, this is something we no longer need to post about...smile

42. thisisoli profile image68
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

If the site gets flagged for leading to Malware then we are all pretty much in the deep in terms of rankings, I had it happen to a site once and it never recovered sad

Oli, from what I can tell it's been fixed so far. The ad networks have been removed until it can be identified on which one is doing it. wink

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70296

43. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Oh my goodness! We don't need this NOW!

44. Wendy Krick profile image65
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

It has NOT been fixed. I just recieved an e-mail from someone who picked up a trojan after visiting one of my hubs. Needless to say I feel terrible and am really upset. I have since unpublished this hub and I have contacted Hubpages.

I'm not happy....At All!

I am afraid to promote any of my hubs.

Wendy, did you receive that email today? Because, the ad network was pulled and I've not encountered any problems whatsoever on hubs.

Did it happen this weekend maybe?

Edit: I've promoted by Hubs today and no problems. smile

1. Wendy Krick profile image65
        Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I added my hub to Redgage today. I emailed him back asking him what add or link he clicked on. I haven't heard back from him yet.

I was curious, because I ran into the problem over the weekend, but nothing today, because the ads network was pulled because of an infection which staff is trying to figure out.

That is why I was wondering if you received(dated today) and not from someone over the weekend. wink

Edit: Here is the link to Staff's thread- http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70296

1. Wendy Krick profile image65
            Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unless it was another link. I also have Amazon and 1 clickbank ad on the hub. sad

Thanks for you help.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)