jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

only 1 $ for revenue potential on 2 hubs published this week end

1. kimh039 profile image91
    kimh039posted 6 years ago

I've never had only 1 $ on a hub before!  This week end I published my first short story and thought the 1 $ was because short story hubs pay terribly low - even lower than poetry hubs!  Then I published another hub in my usual genre that typically yields 3 $$$.  I only got 1 $ for that too.  Is there also a change in revenue potential as a result of recent ad changes?  Are $$$$$ harder to get now?

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The $$ are only a very rough indication of revenue potential, based primarily (I think) on the keywords used and does not consider traffic at all.

I wouldn't pay much attention to them.  Some of my highest income producers are shown at only 1 $ - the higher traffic more than makes up for low paying keywords.

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I stopped paying attention to the Metric $$$$$ HP uses on hubs. It's only a guessestimation really. wink

3. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I've got some 1 $ ones. I've learned to just ignore them. smile

2. kimh039 profile image91
    kimh039posted 6 years ago

Thanks.  Good to know.  It is a change, and i thought it might be related to other recent changes.

3. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

You can change the $$$ on your hubs by playing with your tags, try adding some or removing some and watch the $ sign change.

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I like that! Once the tags tell you what is what, then tack those same words into the article itself. I'm adding this to my already overwhelmed list. Worth a shot before going back to ignoring. smile

1. IzzyM profile image89
        IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I only learned that by accident, and sometimes fewer tags result in more $$$$ so simply because I have a complete misunderstanding of how the whole system works, most of my hubs have very few tags.

2. kimh039 profile image91
      kimh039posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'll try that.  thanks izzyM.

1. kimh039 profile image91
        kimh039posted 6 years agoin reply to this

It worked!  it went from $ to $$$.  I don't have any $$$$$ words that relate to the hub though, so this is great.  Thanks again IzzyM

1. IzzyM profile image89
          IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

In my experience $$$ pays better than those with $$$$$ anyway, so that's a nice place to be smile

4. Tina Kachan profile image63
    Tina Kachanposted 6 years ago

Something new to learn smile I thought, the more tags the better. Obviously, not necesary.

1. Misha profile image77
      Mishaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Tina, changing the number of $$$ does not have any effect on your real earnings potential. This is the highly misleading metrics I wish they never introduced. My experience shows the more tags you use, the better your hub will rank in search engines - within the boundaries system allows you to have. smile

1. Tina Kachan profile image63
        Tina Kachanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you say so Misha, I believe you big_smile

5. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 6 years ago

To be honest, my highest pay per click hub is only $$... it's only a rough indicator.

1. BMG profile image59
      BMGposted 6 years agoin reply to this

good to hear you hub got highest pay....lucky for you...

6. Ddraigcoch profile image80
    Ddraigcochposted 6 years ago

I haven't made a single penny yet. So a dollar sounds great.

working