jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Warning' driving me mad

1. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I have a huge number of hubs that have been flagged. As I am going through them, I make the necessary changes, but the warning of too many products remained.

Even on the Amazon capsules that have specific items I have changed the number of items displayed to match the number I have entered. On some hubs that has been ebough to get rid of the warning. But not on others. This hub: ht tp://hubpages.com/hub/Marcasite-Watches has 377 words, and 7 product listings and my A-Level maths says that is within the limit, but the warning remains.

Should I keep editing until I think I am within the ratio, then ignore the warning?

Or should  not bother editing anything and accept that they will all be unpublished?

I have no objections at all to the new rules, I woud just like a fighting chance of complying with them.

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I think if the warning persists, then by how HubPages is counting words, you are still in violation and risk having the Hub unpublished when that time comes.

3. camlo profile image89
    camloposted 6 years ago

' ... my A-Level maths says that is within the limit, but the warning remains.

Should I keep editing until I think I am within the ratio, then ignore the warning?'

I would write directly to HubPages in that case. You don't want to run the risk of the Hub being unpublished.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image38

So are they counting words in a different way to the word count on hub metrics?

I've just done another half dozen hubs and they were fine, warning disappeared straight away.

I keep getting runs of hubs where nothing will make the warning go, then get another few that are easy to amend.

5. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Spacey, I count 13 amazon products, requiring a minimum 650 word count.  Did you miss the ones at the bottom, past the comment capsule (an amazon capsule with 6 products)?

If that isn't the problem, I wonder if the amazon links (not capsules) are being counted.  I haven't heard anything about that, but I suppose HP might count that as a product.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image38
      Spacey Graceyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yep - didn't see those ones. I will go back and check the other hubs I have had problems with too.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image76
        CASE1WORKERposted 6 years agoin reply to this

i did mine on saturday and with no where near the sales hubs that you have, found my eyes and brain were fogged totally

6. lrohner profile image81
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Do you have any Amazon capsules set to "Do Not Display?" I know there was a bug a few days ago where they were still being counted.

7. Michael Willis profile image80
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Those would also count with the others above comments.

8. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

the 3rd instance of "marcasite" says "macasite"

9. Spacey Gracey profile image38

OK - I give up and I am going to bed. Most of the time it seems to be fine but sometimes the warning sticks, then when I go in and change every capsule to show 1 item, when I have put in the item code of 1 product, the warning goes but that is going to take me forever - it will definitely require more patience and coffee.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image76
      CASE1WORKERposted 6 years agoin reply to this

have a good nights sleep it will be better in the morning when the kids are in school

working