jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Bring back option to be notified of author's comment response ONLY

1. BennyTheWriter profile image83
    BennyTheWriterposted 6 years ago

A few weeks ago (or a couple of months--I'm not good with time  :-), there was a check-box below new comments on a Hub that said "E-mail me when the author responds to your comment" or something similar.

Now I'm getting a flood of emails when I click the box they've replaced it with--"Follow this hub's comments."  Often I find OTHER people's comments interesting, but sometimes I'm only interested in the author's response.

Please HP team, give us BOTH options!  Thanks  :-)

1. A.A. Zavala profile image84
      A.A. Zavalaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!  Why is Hubpages changing an option that wasn't broken.  Even After I unfollow the topic, I continue to receive email messages regarding the topic.  Give us back the choice to receive notifications of Authors comments only.

BennyTheWriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for agreeing with me :-)  I hope someone at HP takes notice, and that it wouldn't be too hard for them to bring back.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

perfectly posted and totally agree cool

3. Ari Lamstein profile image77
      Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Benny,

I'm sorry that this change has not been positive to you.  Currently we are doing a lot of work with notifications.  In particular, we are trying to add some intelligence behind which notificaitons we send people - ideally we can change the "follow" behavior so that only the most significant comments are sent to people who are following comment threads.

When this project is completed - and we have done our best to automatically give Hubbers the best possible experience - we plan to release a set of options (including only receiving comments from the Hub author) to manually configure which notificaitons that they receive.

Please bear with us in the meantime! 

Ari

BennyTheWriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ari,

Thanks so much for responding.  It's great to hear that you guys are working to address the issue! 

Appreciate it.  Very much looking forward to the final product.

2. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

I agree. I'm not interested in following an entire conversation. I only want to know what the author said. I just delete the rest unread - and it wastes my time.

working