jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Comment Approval Settings?

1. Ed Gibbons-Brown profile image58
    Ed Gibbons-Brownposted 6 years ago

Is there a setting that would allow me to approve all comments on hubs?

2. theherbivorehippi profile image81
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

Yes.  When you are editing your hub, open the "comment" capsule and there is an option there that you click to approve all comments before they are published.  Welcome to Hubpages!

1. Ed Gibbons-Brown profile image58
      Ed Gibbons-Brownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not true. There is no such option. There is one option called " Comments must be approved before they appear." This is de-selected by default, meaning that by default all comments will appear without having been approved. Approval or denial must still be done manually.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image81
        theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well this is amusing. Excuse me for not getting the exact wording right.  Same thing..different words...pretty sure he was intelligent enough to figure that out.  Feel better for the correction?

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't find it amusing at all, and correcting your error gave me no satisfaction. He is asking whether there is an auto approval option ("a setting that would allow me to approve all comments on hubs"). There isn't.

No..he is asking if there is an option that allows him to approve all comments....I take this as him wanting to approve them before they are published and that is the answer I gave.  He never said "auto approve"...you added this.  Perhaps we are interpreting his need differently but considering he did say "thank you" one can only assume that he got the answer he needed.

3. theherbivorehippi profile image81
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

You're welcome! smile

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is possible to prevent comments from being displayed before they have been approved.

Good grief ....it's the SAME thing said a different way.  What a joke.  Why do some people in these forums have nothing better to do than go out of their way to constantly argue, disagree and look for reason to correct.  This is why I left the forums months ago and this is why I'll leave again.  It's just annoying....and your argument is a JOKE!

2. Ign Andy profile image59
      Ign Andyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The default is all comments are approved (pre-approved) and send email notification. So you don't need to change anything.
      WE is right, another option is if you want to change the setting to moderate all comments.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Actually, I was trying to agree with you that such an option exists. Which was solely intended to stop further argument.

working