jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is it ok to have two hubpages accounts?

1. HealthyHayden profile image54
    HealthyHaydenposted 6 years ago

Hi there.  I'm just wondering if it's ok to have more than one account.  Since I write on a number of topics, I was thinking it might be best to have a few on the go and "specialize" in certain topics for each one.

Thanks!

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can have two or more Hubpages accounts, but only one Adsense account fixed to all of them. Read the FAQ section and you will have more information on this.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image78
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can have more than one accounts.

3. HealthyHayden profile image54

That's great, thanks.  I was wondering because I signed up for a second one and notice that my hubscore went down by 5 points overnight in this account, and the new account went down to 26 (opened at 30) so I though perhaps I had done something "wrong"

Thanks!

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you use both the account id's on the same threads on the forums you may see your hub score drop..  ,... as you get penalized. I vaguely remember this but you will have more info on the FAQ section again.

4. HealthyHayden profile image54

Thanks again

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Hayden,

I just want to point out one thing though. You can have more than one account, but you can only use one for posting to the forums. wink

1. HealthyHayden profile image54
        HealthyHaydenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this.  I have only posted using this one, but will keep that in mind!

Not sure why the drop in hubscore then, I've never seen it drop before.

5. revmjm profile image85
    revmjmposted 6 years ago

I have two (2)accounts. I have 117 articles in my main account and only 6 articles in my second account. The profile score on the second account has slowly caught up with the first profile score even though it has only 6 articles in it. The Hubkarma in the second account is much higher now than in the first account.

The only drawback I have is that I have to be careful because I have two different sets of followers and while I am in one account, I might comment on somebody's hub when I haven't switched over to the main account. So I have to keep signing in with the different username.

Both accounts are conveniently attached to Google AdSense, but I can use the analytics to see which account is earning.

I didn't know I could only use one for posting on the Forum.

working