jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

New hubber hoping for some help

1. mclaug43 profile image78
    mclaug43posted 6 years ago

Hi everybody.  I just started hubbing a few weeks and have already fallen in love with HubPages.  It's a great outlet to write about whatever I want and maybe even have a few people read it!

I've written 9 hubs so far, so I'll put the link to a few of them below and hopefully some of the more experience hubbers can give me some feedback.

http://hubpages.com/t/222fee

http://hubpages.com/t/2216a1

http://hubpages.com/t/2295a7

Appreciate any help you can offer.  Thanks!

1. kschang profile image87
      kschangposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Picked the middle one. Here's a few thoughts

1) Where did you pick up those pictures? When I see pictures with NO attributions, I worry for the hubwriter. I know I did it before myself, but nowadays with ONE click people can find where you got the pix from.

2) Needs a bit of conclusion. You shouldn't just end on the last tip. Do a recap of the tips and how it helped you or something.

3) The intro can be a little shorter. You don't need to give a life story before you get to the point.

mclaug43posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tips.  I'll definitely work on shortening up the intro and adding a conlusion.  As for the pics, they came from a free stock photo site.   Thanks again!

1. kschang profile image87
          kschangposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If they came from stock photo site, it's still better to put in an attribution, like "source: _______", just to make sure they don't think it's yours.

Still, did the stock photo site says it's OKAY to use their pictures? Doubt you'll get caught or anything, but still... Better to have a good habit now. big_smile

Better safe than sorry, right!

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

bump

I read one and it seemed pretty good to me.

Maybe others can be more constructive.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Your losing weight hub:

You have several links at the beginning of the hub.  Why are you sending readers away before they even look at what you've written?  Suggest that if you want links, place them further down so that readers have a better chance to look around.

Move the top picture.  It is taking the most valuable ad space.  You might break the first capsule into two capsules, putting the pic in the second one.  That will move the big ad up into that valuable space right at the top.

Looks good to me otherwise.  Your pics are nice, and break up the text very well.  Well done! smile

Thanks for taking the time to critique it.  I put those links in as a result of the "suggest links" tool, but you have a great point that I could be sending readers away right off the bat.

I was just reading about that top space being the best ad space.  I'm gonna have to move my big ol' cheeseburger :-)

working