Amazon ads - I never see my code when mousing over ad???

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)
  1. brakel2 profile image78
    brakel2posted 7 years ago

    Is something different now?

    1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      I never knew that you could see anything by mousing over the ad? Or do you mean in the URL at the bottom of your browser?

  2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

    If you right click on an ad, then select 'view properties' you will be able to find your tracker ID in the URL.

    At least, you can on 60% of the impressions, on the other 40% of impressions you will see Hubpages tracker ID.

    I have refreshed one of your Hubpages twice, and found two different Amazon IDs from the same capsule, if that helps at all?

    One will be yours, one will be Hubpages.

    1. brakel2 profile image78
      brakel2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Someone told me to hover mouse over ad. Doing that, I used to see my code. I followed your instructions and still don't see my code. Will Hubpages and mine by on the same hub at one time?

      I right clicked on URL associated with ad, a text box came up re properties. Tell me if that is right, and I will keep checking. I have only had two Amazon sales in a year, and I am checking it out. I only have 14 hubs, so  that may be the reason. Thanks for helping.

      1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        I don't really understand what 'code' you are looking for?

        The code that you enter into the Hubpages affiliate settings screen is a tracker, for example my tracker for Hubpages is:

        hubp00d9f-20

        On your Hubpage 'Winning Tips and Products for Dry Skin' if I right click on the capsule for the product 'Lancome Color Design' and then view properties I can see this URL:

        http: // www. amazon. com/Lancome-lancome-color-design/dp/B001HC957E%3FSubscriptionId%3D14H876SFAKFS0EHBYQ02%26tag%3Dhubpagesc015e-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB001HC957E

        Within that URL I can see the tracker hubpagesc015e

        Which has a 60% chance of being your tracker ID or a 40% chance of being the tracker ID for Hubpages.

        I refreshed this a couple of times and then found another tracker which may be the Hubpage ID.

        The fact that these are in the URL is all that you really need to worry about. Unless you are talking about the Amazon product ID, the ASIN, which you can find by editing the capsule.

        I didn't know that you used to be able to see these by hovering over. If you did used to be able to do this, then perhaps ask yourself what value this would have to the reader experience? No potential customer is going to have any idea what the code means, and that could be off putting.

        What I suspect you have actually been told is that when you hover over on the Firefox browser you are able to see the full URL on the bottom of your screen without viewing properties. That is still the case and would make more sense to me.

  3. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

    ...and there you are again - thanks!

  4. brakel2 profile image78
    brakel2posted 7 years ago

    My purpose is to check to see if my code is embedded, and I am getting credit for sales. At one time, a problem arose that my code was not embedded in some, and Amazon had to correct this for me. I found my code in your example, so thank you very much. I know the code has no value to reader. You are very knowledgable and thorough. Have a great day.

    1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Glad that I could help smile

 
working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)