jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

How can I refer people to HubPages? Is it possible to get credit for a referral?

1. Jason Matthews profile image92
    Jason Matthewsposted 5 years ago

How can I refer people to HubPages? Is it possible to get credit for a referral?

2. Rui Carreira profile image87
    Rui Carreiraposted 5 years ago

You refer for proper use of the referral  tracker (Use the Learning Center to learn this)

When you refer someone you earn a percentage of their ad impressions

3. Vitallani profile image84
    Vitallaniposted 5 years ago

Click on 'Earnings' in your profile, then choose 'referrals' and you'll find your referral tracker.

Put in the hp link like this:

www.hubpages.com/_referral code

1. remaniki profile image81
      remanikiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Precise answer. Well done. Cheers, Rema

4. peoplepower73 profile image93
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

Here is my hub on everything that you wanted to know about referral trackers but were afraid to ask.

http://peoplepower73.hubpages.com/hub/R … -they-used

I hope this helps.

1. Lipnancy profile image92
      Lipnancyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is the hub that I learned from. It takes you through the process step by step.

2. remaniki profile image81
      remanikiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great hub explaining all that I wanted to know about trackers. I just posted a comment on your hub. Thank you. Cheers, Rema.

3. Jason Matthews profile image92
      Jason Matthewsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing. This is very useful!

5. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago
  6. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

Yes. At the top of the screen is your user name; hover the cursor over that, a drop down box comes and one choice is My Account; click on that. On your Account page, at the top there is the choice of Earnings; click on that; on the Earnings page, to the left in a box is the choice of Referral Trackers; click on that. It will show your referral tracker or you can make a new one. Then you have to insert the referral tracker into the sign up page URL, with an underscore just before the referral tracker. The sign up page URL is: hubpages.com/user/new/    So, if your referral tracker is 12345678, you would put hubpages.com/_12345678/user/new/

Then you send your friend (s) the link. If they sign up, you get credit.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Or if you go to the bottom of a hub, there is a link to this page option; click on that, the referral tracker is already in the link; copy and paste link to email, Facebook, wherever you're sharing the link.

7. livingabroad profile image75
    livingabroadposted 5 years ago

If you didn't pick it up through the other answers, here's the hubpages help page on referal trackers smile

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/referral-program

8. CCahill profile image80
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7001498_f260.jpg

I designed this graphic to help somebody else on the same issue, hope it helps

9. brsmom68 profile image88
    brsmom68posted 5 years ago

For a complete breakdown on how to refer others and earn go to the FAQ page; it is #9 under "Making money on HubPages". Here is an excerpt from that section

"Yes, absolutely! You can do so through the HubPages Affiliate Program, which will allow you to earn 10% of the Hub impressions from users you referred to HubPages. It's a great way to share in the success of great writers you might know.

The program works like this: you'll give people you know a specially-encoded link to a page on HubPages. If they click on that link and sign up within 30 days, and before they click on someone else's specially-encoded link, then you'll enjoy 10% of their lifetime impressions automatically. That 10% comes out of our share, not theirs; they will earn 60% of impressions whether they sign up through you or not."

For a more comprehensive description on how to utilize the HP Affiliate Program, go to http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/referral-program.

10. skgrao profile image71
    skgraoposted 5 years ago

You can mention your hub url as your signature in your e-mail which will go to your contacts.They might click on the url which will take them to your hub.God may give you credit not Hub Pages.

11. profile image0
    sord87posted 5 years ago

The credit will go to your traffic to hub.You can see the traffic increase when someone signing up under you!

working