jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Overly promotional

1. mastershops profile image60
    mastershopsposted 6 years ago

Ok, well I have some hubs that are "overly promotional" since they made changes. Well, I trimmed it down.. Still overly promotional. Trimmed it down more.... Overly promotional... Did it more.... Overly promotional. I removed every single link on that page.. My links, hubpage amazon links... EVERYTHING! It still says that my site is overly promotional.  Any clues on why this is? Now it is not "promotional" in any way whatsoever!

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

May be a glitch in the system. When I removed the links the hub went back to the normal view. Refreshing  the page and viewing may help. If not  you would want to write to Team@hubpages.com for help.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Did you read through the FAQs? http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

3. Pandoras Box profile image68
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

Dude that's a shame that you wasted so much time and messed up your hub trying to fix it. Just get it into the guidelines, ignore the never disappearing overly promotional message, hit publish and leave it. It will go to pending and someone will approve it and you'll be fine.

1. mastershops profile image60
      mastershopsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks pandora. Thats what I'll do for the other ones that need fixing. Ya, it was pretty discouraging when I was down to one outgoing link to my blog and one hubpage amazon link and it was still overly promotional.

1. Pandoras Box profile image68
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I know, it gave me pause too. Once the other messages disappear you're okay, but that one doesn't leave I guess until a moderator re-approves it.

2. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Again, you should read the FAQs.

You have links to the same domain, FansEdge.com, across a bunch of your hubs. That's a no-no. On some of the hubs, an ad for FansEdge shows up below the Comments box. That's probably what's tripping the filter.

4. Pandoras Box profile image68
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago
    1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Note to self: Don't reply in the forums when you're really, really tired. smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image68
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I only knew what he was talking about because the same thing happened to me. smile

5. tritrain profile image75
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

Huh. I had no idea that links to the same domain across multiple Hubs could cause a problem.

Live and learn. smile

working