Flagged for overly promotional!

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

At last !

One of my hubs has been flagged as overly promotional LOL

Or at least :

WARNING: This hub is in danger of being flagged as Overly Promotional, for 2+ links to a domain.

I feel so proud. Almost like a "real" internet marketer. smile

2008 Motorcycle Guide

1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image82
      LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh Mark, stop your bragging!  I hit that milestone months ago!  In fact, I think YOU flagged me!  LOL

Kathryn

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL - Yes, I did.

But not for being overly promotional big_smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image77
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

Congratulations, you made it wink

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

Congratulations! Good for you! I knew you could do it.
    regards Zsuzsy

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image65
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

What a milestone.  You must be so proud.

5. profile image0
    RFoxposted 16 years ago

You've joined the ranks of the elite now. You are my mentor!

6. embitca profile image79
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

I got the same thing on one of mine today. It was just lucky that I happened to be going to that hub to add some tags to it anyway. I didn't see anything indicating it needed revision on my stats page, but possibly I missed it.  Shouldn't it be highlighted in pink?

Anyway, I'm glad they gave me warning before unpublishing so I could go in and fix it instead of flipping out over my traffic arriving at a 404 page smile

7. chantelg4 profile image71
    chantelg4posted 16 years ago

Mark, I am shocked! Bad Boy! Lol!

8. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

Mark read my hub! It will explain it all to you! http://hubpages.com/hub/HubPages-Internet-Marketing

9. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Mark, you naughty boy.

These two are promo hubs - out and out!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Earn-Money-Fast-and-Easy
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Extra-Money-Fast

I gave them both a thumbs down, I don't know if Maddie & Paul get those or not.  I considered flagging them, but not sure what to call them since promotional or spam wasn't one of the options.  Guess I could just choose 'other'.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image70
      Maddie Ruudposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Please do flag hubs like that as overly promotional or as substandard, since they're both.  Short hubs are substandard, and short hubs with links are overly promotional.

1. donnaleemason profile image61
        donnaleemasonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You know, I understand about the short hubs being substandard but, there is a new hub written by a young fella  with an Autistic brother. I think his name is Scotty.

I think it is nice that he is trying to raise money for Autism and some kind of camp.

I sincerely hope that his is not going to be flagged and thereby disencourage him from trying as I think he is only 7. It is such a sweet thing that he is trying to do.

And , congratulations Mark, not trying to hijack your thread honest.
        Donna

1. Lissie profile image76
          Lissieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I probably won't - I havnet seen the hub but its usually pretty obvious the dfference between an innocent but honest attempt at promotion and an incompetent/lazy  internet marketer! 

Paul you have me blushing with embarasement!

10. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

I flagged them both as substandard technically insided the TOS because only 2 links but  Ithought u had to have 250 words?

11. Mark Knowles profile image59

Maddie, while you are on this thread, what am I supposed to do about this?

Like the new avatar by the way. smile

Mark:

These warnings do not affect your HubScore, or unpublish or flag your Hub.  They are merely designed to help point newbies in the right direction, and clear up confusion on our rules. 
      They're automated, so they will catch some stuff that actually isn't overly promotional or substandard, but as I said they don't affect the hub in any way other than when you yourself view it, so go ahead and ignore it.

12. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 16 years ago

Yeah you will be one of us....keep up the great work and who knows maybe just spam a little too and you'll be well on your way!!

13. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

I too rec'd my first warning - on my Places To Sell Your Writing hub.  I've had it there for quite awhile without any probs, so I guess it's the new system.  What I can't figure out is why just that one....my other lists haven't been flagged.

14. Mark Knowles profile image59

OK, thanks. Didn't want it to get unpublished big_smile

It obviously isn't overly promotional, but I have a bunch of links pointing to particular motorcycle manufacturer's web pages regarding specific models. I will just ignore it.

Now I have to give back my "I had my hubpage deleted for being overly promotional" T shirt. sad

Sorry to disappoint. wink

15. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Mark,

Spamming forums is much more rewarding! I proudly wear a T-shirt "I got my affiliate link deleted!" tongue

16. Rik Ravado profile image84
    Rik Ravadoposted 16 years ago

This is really shocking - all my Hubber role models such as Mark and Misha are turning to the Dark Side.

Next you'll be published Hubs on curing the common cold with shameless promotion of an e-book and links to Squidoo where you can be even more shamelessly promotional.  Then you'll threaten to leave us because you've purchased several 100 'good links' and haven't made a cent in the first 24 hours. 

How the mighty are fallen! 

(Can I slip a link in here for my ebook on how to earn $1000 a week on Hubpages without any hand-written content?)

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I am falling off my chair laughing wink

2. darkside profile image59
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

But what are they turning to me for?

1. ripplemaker profile image74
        ripplemakerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha

17. Mark Knowles profile image59

* hangs his head in shame and vows never to earn another T shirt * big_smile

18. profile image0
    terrygposted 16 years ago

Personally I believe forty per cent of nothing is nothing.

19. pkmcr profile image79
    pkmcrposted 16 years ago

That hub by Lissie (http://hubpages.com/hub/HubPages-Internet-Marketing) has to be one of the best I have read about the value of HubPages and how people should not abuse it.

I think it ought to be required reading for anyone before they start LOL

It frustrates me no end when I see Internet Marketers trying to game the system or a site as I have seen of late.  As someone who is passionate about the power of the internet to give real value through Internet Based Marketing I despair of some of what I see.

Lissie I was nodding and agreeing all the way through your hub so thank you for the great read!

Take care

Paul

20. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image82
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

LOL....  I know that silly!

1. MrMarmalade profile image70
      MrMarmaladeposted 16 years agoin reply to this

All you people are going to give me Grey hairs.Now i will worry about loosing all my hubs and what about my comments?
      Still I will go to sleep tonight sometime thinking I am joining the superior ranks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)