jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

My first hub- Step by step for dsl connection problems

1. Valux profile image70
    Valuxposted 9 years ago

So this is my first hub post, and I wrote about something I know.  Used to work for a dsl company and gave, what i think, is some good info for trouble shooting before you have to call the ISP for help.  I'd appreciate anyone who could take a look and give me feed back.  Thanks guys!

2. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 9 years ago

Are you promoting??

1. Valux profile image70
      Valuxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not promoting, saying hi to everyone and hoping to get some good feedback. Not asking for comments, just would hope that someone could shoot me a message to let me know what they think.  You needn't look at my page if you dont want to.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image68
        Ryan Hupferposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I really like the Hub and if you haven't seen, I've added it as a semi-finalist for our newsletter HubNuggets for this week over here in my latest Hub.

Here's what I liked about it:

1. Great title of Step-by-Step Guide for DSL connection issues is very search-friendly and it tells Google and searchers exactly what the Hub is going to be about.

2. It's a great niche topic that people are searching for

3. Step-by-step guides are always great for search ranking and SEO

4. You are talking about something that you actually seem to know something about and you are attempting to help make sure that others have an easier time that you did

Here's what I think you can add to make your Hub even better:

1. Add some links to other resources such as articles, blogs, etc. Maybe even add some info regarding DSL vs. cable modems

2. Some information about what DSL even is and where you can get the service

3. A few more images would have been nice from an aesthetic standpoint and a video would add something as long as it was relevant

Overall, this is a great Hub - keep up the good work!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The point of this thread is to get people to look at your hub...

1. ProCW profile image81
        ProCWposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This was transferred here after this topic was opened... big_smile

3. ProCW profile image81
    ProCWposted 9 years ago

You could add a ping/speed test link... smile and why it could be helpful to check that. smile

www.speedtest.net

4. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

Of course we had no way of knowing that smile.

5. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 9 years ago

Yes, this thread was originally posted in technology forum and seems to be moved smile

1. SweetiePie profile image85
      SweetiePieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for clearing that up smile.

6. Valux profile image70
    Valuxposted 9 years ago

yea, it was moved.  Sorry, as that was my first hub and forum post i was still new to all of this.  hmm But thanks for the feedback Ryan, Ill be updating the hub with some of those suggestions and the hubnuggets nod was very unexpected, I greatly appreciate it! big_smile

1. SweetiePie profile image85
      SweetiePieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Use the suggestions, but never forget to go with your inner critic and intuition.  At the end of the day every hub is unique because each of us is unique.

1. Valux profile image70
        Valuxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sage advice... the more I think about it the more I think I will go into further detail in other hubs focusing on one specific part of it.  For instance, this first hub was more physical setup.  The others could be keyed into specific areas.  Oh and to Ryan, yea I worked for a major DSL company tech support, so anything to help people not have to go through all the frustration on the phone is in my book a wonderful thing.

working