jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Keywords

1. ShyeAnne profile image82
    ShyeAnneposted 6 years ago

I am getting confused about choosing Keywords.  I may be making it more difficult than it needs to be. Regardless of which hub of mine I bring up, when I click on 'stats', I get a message that reads, 'no search terms found.'  Forgive me if this is an elementary or juvinile question but I would really like to be able to wrap my brain around Keywords on order to give myself a fair chance to compete in getting my hubs recognised.
    Thank you in advance for any and all helpful tips.

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this
        ShyeAnneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you sofs, I think I am attempting to learn it all at once.  I need to slow down and absorb some of this info.  thank you for your time

1. sofs profile image85
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome... don't worry I am still learning.. smile you are not alone in this smile

2. Daffy Duck profile image62
      Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Key words, or tags, link your hub with other hubs of the same nature.  Just manually type in a few key words that help to identify the major content of your hubs where it says to add at least 2 tags.  You can also select from the list provided as well.

Remember, the more tags you insert, the more circulation you will get.

Thank you Daffy Duck

2. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, ShyeAnne!  I'm still learning myself.. there is so much to learn.  Just ask if you need help.  There are many helpful hubbers here and I learn from them... like sofs.

I appreciate your reply!

3. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Here are some other forum discussions about keywords and such:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72398#post1574480
    (This refers specifically to the Title tuner, but what it says should also answer your question about Search Terms under Stats.)

Really good help about keywords and how to use them:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72465#post1575257

And, actually, tags are not quite the same as keywords.  Tags affect how the HP RSS feed will pick up your Hub; tags are not necessarily included within the body of the Hub, although they could be.

Welcome to HP, ShyeAnne and Daffy Duck!

Olenty of useful info, thank you so much

working