jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Forum Filter

1. GmaGoldie profile image83
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I would like to filter out certain topics from my view - my Grandmother recommended no religion and no politics.  Could we add a feature to hide certain subjects when we read the forum posts?

1. WoodsmensPost profile image56
      WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its on the list of HP things to do, priority 7, but great Idea GmaGoldie

2. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

You can check out Edweirdo's forum filter. He introduced it a while ago. And it does exactly what you're talking about. You have to use Firefox 4 or Chrome as a browser. There's a check box next to each forum category and you check those you want to block.
    You can click on the blocked forum category link if you choose to take a look, but it will still remain blocked as long as it is checked.

You can also block specific threads from view from categories that you do not have blocked.

It is a timesaver and I no longer have to see the ridiculous thread titles from certain forums. I can't see Religion, Politics, and a couple others that I have no interest in.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Edweirdos-Forum … -Firefox-4

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use Firefox 3 and the filter works fine.

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

really? I was sure Edweirdo said it would no longer work once FF4 was available.  As long as it works! Do you have the updated version?

EDIT: I read his page again. It says the version you have now would not work on FF4 if you updated your FF browser.

1. melbel profile image91
          melbelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He has an updated version you can purchase from his site hubdefender.com for less than $2.

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
            rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had it the day it was released. smile

working