jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Watermarks?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

What the hell is going on with (my) hubs being unpublished for "watermarked or pixelated" vids or pics?  How does one see a watermark, or a pixel?

1. AEvans profile image67
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

here you go....

http://cameras.about.com/od/photoeditin … Photos.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5513481_fix-pix … tures.html

No worries I had to fix some to and they were my own photos. Hope it explains all. smile

Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Thank You!!!!!!!!

2. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Yep- the explanations AEvans cover it.  We just want to make sure nobody uses images they don't have the right to use on their Hubs; hence no watermarks.

And just as low quality, unreadable writing can get a Hub moderated, a very lo quality image is grounds for moderation- and pixelated images are low quality images.

It's a quick thing to fix - there are tons of places to get public domain images of excellent quality big_smile

Thanks.  I'm still not seeing watermarks, and I seriously wish that the moderator sent e mails would be specific enough to let us all know which picture is the problem.

I just now had one pulled with the message that the link I included wasn't relevant to the content, but it's entirely relevant.  I wonder how anyone could fail to see the relationship.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

This is one of the few legit changes Ive seen!

We cant complain about people stealing our text if we are stealing images.

There are tons of locations that provide free stock photos, no attribution required.

Although, a watermark alone w/o some investigation is NOT grounds for unpublishing. I release all my artwork and lots of personal images for reuse with watermarks on them . That acts as some free advertising for me and I do not require attribution. Some sites work in a similar model.

Changing pictures always results in more traffic for me, so that's not a problem.  I've never figured out how to know whether or not a picture is considered to be "public domain," or not.  A clearly visible watermark is one thing, but not being able to see one is another.

As far as the changes go, I thought the limitation on amazon ads per the amount of text was very fair.  I also thought that it was a bad idea to have amazon ads, etc, as the first capsule on a hub.

As it looks to me right now, I think a moderator has decided to look at my entire account, and unpublish any and everything that they can find any possible reason to unpublish it for.

working